<>

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Stryder

<>

Post by Stryder »

<>
kosmoface

RE: Does anyone read the War Room?

Post by kosmoface »

I do, but read only.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

I don't, but probably wouldn't post if I did.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Gotta love helpful answers eh? What is the issue you want feedback on?
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

I think he's asking if there's any point in making off-topic posts in the War Room part of the forum, and we seem to be telling him no.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

ORIGINAL: Philippe at bay

I think he's asking if there's any point in making off-topic posts in the War Room part of the forum, and we seem to be telling him no.

Hmmmn,well in the "War room" area he has questions on:

Pripyat marshes..........why would you send anything but infantry in there and even then not far in/for specific purpose. Basically as in WiTe just use those marshes as flypaper to trap/pin opponents forces and limit their movement.

Reassigning Panzer Armies...to different Army Groups? Why? My take is the German general staff allocated them for a reason to the various Army Groups. AG center having more area to cover got 2 panzer groups due to area to cover,etc....how would you want to redeploy them? Would 2 panzer groups in AGN really help with a northern focus on Lenningrad? Interesting point,I'll have to look at this a bitmyself after I purchase the game later today.

Soviet casualties.....historically I wouldn't trust the daily/weekly reports from this time period.The Russians lost alot in a massed state of confusion. Will check out the games reports,Vic is good with providing reports/information in his games.

Panzer Army losses....many tanks recovered and put back into service.Many captured tanks also put into service so will see what info the game provides. Reasonable question but your infantry is whats going to do most of the fighting,armor just wins the headlines and sets the stage of mythical glory.\

I thought his questions were all in line with the topic and wish I had better answers to offer. As a rule I found it better to encourage discussion and that sense of community so the forum lasts and more people get into the game. Vic does a great job with his games and ongoing support,just look at Advanced Tactics gold.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Didn't mean that to sound as snarky as it did.

By my own admission I rarely visit the War Room, and my comment was based purely on glancing at the titles of the threads and looking at who started them.

Comparing WITE to Barbarossa seems more in line with what goes on in this part of the forum (isn't there a thread about that already?).
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Didn't mean to throw stones your way at all..........in fact was trying not too! [:D] Ah well,the road to hell and all

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”