Ship conversion question

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

Ship conversion question

Post by Chris21wen »

Have I missed something over the past few months, is tracker wrong? According to tracker this ship should be available for conversion to an AKV in Dec 41. Current game date is 30 Dec 41 and as you can see there is no conversion available, just an upgrade due 9/42. The other ships shown in tracker are the same. I'm confused?

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (85.25 KiB) Viewed 143 times
Yaab

RE: Ship conversion question

Post by Yaab »

Are you sure the data in Tracker isn't from a different game or mod?
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Check to see if there is a SY requirement and if so, are you meeting it where you have the ship.
Pax
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Check to see if there is a SY requirement and if so, are you meeting it where you have the ship.

Yes, min shipyard 0 for conversion. Anyway the upgrade should be visible just greyed out as not available.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Are you sure the data in Tracker isn't from a different game or mod?

Yes, I've only got one game running and that is from a new install of everything.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

I've got a stock Ironman scenario loaded. That ship in stock is an xAP that arrives in April 1944. I don't know what's going on in your game.

Attachments
Welt.jpg
Welt.jpg (216.23 KiB) Viewed 143 times
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Detail

Attachments
Welt.jpg
Welt.jpg (205.35 KiB) Viewed 143 times
The Moose
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Detail

Your xAP shows as a US Navy vessel. The OP shows a Dutch vessel.

In the case of a disagreement between Tracker and the game scenario, I would take the index numbers shown in Tracker for the ship (in whatever type it is) and go to the game editor, open the scenario and check whether there is some glitch in the indexed updates/conversions. E.G., does the cargo version data have a box showing the AKV index number as an option?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

What there is under the Ships class is a box that list the upgrades but I can see no conversions to the AKV.

The ships in questions (4) are Dutch the AKV is listed as British, the ones you have shown are US and appear to be a different a different class.

I wrong about the four ships all being the same, one, the Doryssa is British indicates it can be converted. I cannot see any ship index numbers in game but I have found out that there are three class types, 2421->2520->2521 all are currently class 2421 and both editor and tracker show convertible from class. The game shows only the British ship as convertible.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Nationality makes a difference. I am playing stock Scenario 1 and the Dutch xAKLs with 1750 ton capacity can convert to small xAPs while the Chinese ones cannot.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Nationality makes a difference. I am playing stock Scenario 1 and the Dutch xAKLs with 1750 ton capacity can convert to small xAPs while the Chinese ones cannot.

That's the conclusion I came too.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Your xAP shows as a US Navy vessel. The OP shows a Dutch vessel.

I know. As I said, I don't know what he's playing. There is only one ship by that name in stock. It's not Dutch.

If it's not a stock scenario I would look at a scenario designer who didn't know how to use the editor.
The Moose

Return to “Tech Support”