Help with a new mission that won't load!

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mb

Help with a new mission that won't load!

Post by mb »

Hi Guys,

First thank you all for reading and helping with this issue. I really appreciate it!

I have been working on this new scenario for about a week now and finally got to a place in designing it that I am ready to test it. I did the beta update and now the mission wont load. :( It wasn’t like I was working on a super old version, I went from Update pack B821 to Update pack B823.

The game itself is working fine and I can load other missions/scenarios, but I can’t load the mission/scenario that I have been working on.

Question: 1. How do I get the mission/scenario back and 2. How and what do I need to do to be able to play the mission on the newest update pack, and 3. If I can’t ultimately play it, can I at least update the mission so I don’t lose all of the work?

Thank you again everyone for your help and suggestions!!
Gizzmoe

RE: Help with a new mission that won't load!

Post by Gizzmoe »

The first thing I would try is to reinstall B821 to see if you can load it again. You could also upload the scen so it can be checked.
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

1. Have you tried to restart the game and load up the scenario again? I sometimes get the issue that a scenario doesn't want to load. I then close and restart the sim. That fixes it for me.

2. Usually you do this: Load scenario in Editor -> Hit "Editor" in the top bar -> SBR -> Generate Delta Template -> Save to a location were you can keep track of the file

Afterwards you do this: Hit "Editor" in the top bar -> Database -> Upgrade scenario to latest DB version -> When the Scenario Migration window pops up, check "Force Deep-Rebuild" and "Apply INI File" -> Hit "I understand - Rebuild current scenario" -> When the scenario directory pops up, you need to apply the INI configuration file you saved in the first step. -> If everything goes well the game will tell you that the scenario has been migrated to the latest version and you can close the window

3. When you update a scenario, an OLD file is usually left behind in the scenario folder of the Command directory. That's your old scenario before you updated it. You can try to grab this one and change the type from "OLD" to "scen". That's the only way I know to get an old scenario back.

Hope this helps!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi MB

What happens if you try and load i? Are you getting an error message of any kind?

If you don't mind post the scenario and a brief report in tech support and we'll take a look.

Mike
mb

Post by mb »

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delayed response. I had an event all day yesterday and this is my first chance to respond. Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Gizzmoe: I did try reloading Patch (B821) and the mission no longer loads on that patch either. I reinstalled the latest patch (B823) and again, the mission still wouldn't load.

Supreme 2.0: I do normally use that method to update my missions to the latest DB when a new patch or DB comes out (which is frequently and great so Thnx Devs :) ), however, in this case, I can't even get to the mission part in order to use those features. I'm stuck at the mission selection screen.

Mikmyk: Hi Mikmyk, I will def post this is Tech support. Sorry if I posted in the wrong subsection. To answer your question though, I don't get an error message but instead the screen goes gray for a moment (as if it is loading the mission), only to come back ready for me to pick a mission again. Does that make sense? This is all happening in the mission selection screen. There is no movement in the little green loading bar at the bottom either, it just goes gray for a moment, and then back to white as if i never picked a mission in the first place. I tried this on a different computer as well to the same effect and problem.

So I'm embarrassed to ask this, but...how do I upload a mission on here?

Again, thank you all for your help and suggestions!
Gizzmoe

Post by Gizzmoe »

ORIGINAL: mb
So I'm embarrassed to ask this, but...how do I upload a mission on here?

IIRC you can't do that yet because of your low post count and you can't post links either because of that. Either mikmyk PMs you an email adress to send it to or you can upload then scen to http://www.tinyupload.com , copy the file link, go to to http://bitly.com , paste the link there, click Shorten and post the resulting link here without the http:// part.

Edit: If it's one of those massive scens with thousands of units then maybe Command can't load it because there are now too many units. Another forum member had this problem before and there's a fix you can try:
fb.asp?m=4065736

mb

Post by mb »

HI Gizzmoe,

Your link to the 32 to 64 bit worked! Not only did I get the mission back but now all of my missions work better and faster with lower fail/crash/errors.

Thank you so much!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”