China and FTC wrt French Indo-China

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

BrianJH

China and FTC wrt French Indo-China

Post by BrianJH »

Someone will have to help me out on this one. Whats the status of China requiring Foreign Troop Commitment entering French Indo-China, if France has been incompletely conquered? (Vichy has not been installed)

In my game (attached), China can freely enter French Indo-China. Is this right?

Brian
Attachments
ChinaFTC.zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: China and FTC wrt French Indo-China

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: BrianJH

Someone will have to help me out on this one. Whats the status of China requiring Foreign Troop Commitment entering French Indo-China, if France has been incompletely conquered? (Vichy has not been installed)

Brian
If French Indochina is Free French, then China should be able to enter the country without FTC limits.

For units belonging to major powers, FTC limits apply to entering the home countries of other major powers; and does not apply to entering aligned minor countries. For instance, French units can enter Belgium when Belgium is aligned to the Commonwealth.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
BrianJH

Post by BrianJH »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Brian
If French Indochina is Free French, then China should be able to enter the country without FTC limits.

For units belonging to major powers, FTC limits apply to entering the home countries of other major powers; and does not apply to entering aligned minor countries. For instance, French units can enter Belgium when Belgium is aligned to the Commonwealth.

Ah ok, that makes sense now. The difference being that minor countries, entering other minor counties aligned to the same side would be restricted by FTC, even if they are controlled by the same major power? Such as Romania and Hungry for example, as well as, NEI and CW, and explains why I've never been able to land the NEI transport into Egypt.

Brian.

Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Brian

Ah ok, that makes sense now. The difference being that minor countries, entering other minor counties aligned to the same side would be restricted by FTC, even if they are controlled by the same major power? Such as Romania and Hungry for example, as well as, NEI and CW, and explains why I've never been able to land the NEI transport into Egypt.

Brian.

Yes.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”