New WoN Video Series

AGEod goes back to the Napoleonic era and delivers the most detailed and comprehensive strategy game ever created about a time of struggle and conquest that forged modern Europe.
Omnius

New WoN Video Series

Post by Omnius »

You can see my new Wars of Napoleon Video Series here beginning with episode 1, an initial review. I'm just learning the game and waiting for the next official patch before getting into a solo PBEM game playing all of the major nations. I'm playing practice games against the AI, my first episode as Great Britain in early 1808 seeing how the Army Reform works.

https://youtu.be/byeqZdw4gvA
RealChuckB

RE: New WoN Video Series

Post by RealChuckB »

Hi - I really appreciate the work that went into this (and generally like watch videos to learn the games or the finer points of them) but the "background" music that you have chosen is way to loud in my opinion and makes understanding what you're saying difficult at best and even impossible in parts. If you have a version without the music, that would be great!

P.S. Also, it says that this was recorded in 4K but within YouTube the highest resolution to watch it is 1080p (HD), not sure if this is intentional
Jacekim

Post by Jacekim »

Agree on the -way too loud m-music.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

The music is ridiculously loud, and I can barely hear you talking. Very distracting.

I really want to watch this series, but this makes it unwatchable, unfortunately.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Yep - why the need for distracting and, very quickly, annoying music?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Omnius

Suggestions

Post by Omnius »

Chuck B.,
I try to keep the music level down and have it add some entertainment value but I'll have to see about doing some videos without the background music. I think I had some audio recording problems for this video but I'll give no music a try.

I record in 4K to get a better screen capture even though YouTube does dumb it down to 1080P. I make the videos in 1080P because of the YouTube limitation. However my screen resolution is 4K so it's natural to record in that resolution to capture the whole screen.
Omnius

Are We There Yet?

Post by Omnius »

warspite1,
Well it sure does look like the music isn't adding entertainment value as hoped. Actually easier to make videos sans music.

I've been following the World in Flames section but it seems like the next update is so far away still. I hope they get it together soon without the Artificial Ignorance as I'd like to use the oil transport feature to make resource shipping less annoying.
Omnius

New Episode Sans Music

Post by Omnius »

I just posted a new Wars of Napoleon video here:

https://youtu.be/jx28r1WrGmI

I show a first turn save game strength bug as well as some map errors around Austria and Bavaria. No background music. I start a short 6 or 7 episode series detailing starting a January 1805 campaign as France.
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

Great vids Omnius, i am fan of these ! Hope after the official 1.03 you post more vids.
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”