Strategy & Tactics for unit construction

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

FieldOfGlory

Strategy & Tactics for unit construction

Post by FieldOfGlory »

I made a new video for new and relatively new players of the game to help understand how some of the game mechanics actually work and how to use this knowledge to your advantage when deciding which sub-formation you want to assign to your units.

https://youtu.be/IjExocOqo8I

I've researched these game mechanics pretty thoroughly but please feel free to correct me on anything that I may have given misinformation on.

UPDATE: A suggestion was made over on the steam message board that I should make shorter videos describing in detail just certain parts of the game mechanics, so I decided to make a series of small videos. The playlist is located here.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _7oDao3xkA .I will leave the longer video above on the playlist but will continue to add new short videos over the next few days.

Update: The above playlist now includes a total of 4 tutorials.

Tactics & strategies - 29 minutes
Terrain & Entrenchment tutorial 8 minutes
Supply flow & Air drop 6 minutes
TOE designer tutorial 14 minutes
FieldOfGlory

RE: Strategy & Tactics for unit construction

Post by FieldOfGlory »

A guy over on steam said the volume was really low on this video but when I watch it directly off youtube I had no problem cranking the volume up really loud.

Has anyone else had a volume issue?
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

It is a little low. I had to crank my PC volume up to 100% to get a decent level.
ORIGINAL: FieldOfGlory

A guy over on steam said the volume was really low on this video but when I watch it directly off youtube I had no problem cranking the volume up really loud.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

I will upload a version with enhanced volume. It will be available shortly. Thanks for the input.
ORIGINAL: Webizen

It is a little low. I had to crank my PC volume up to 100% to get a decent level.
ORIGINAL: FieldOfGlory

FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

I added a new link with enhanced volume. It should be louder now.

Please let me know if the volume is better now or let me know if its still too low.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I had real issues with the old link, but this is great.

Chuck
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

I ran that video through a couple filters trying to increase the volume, Glad to hear it worked.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”