Get a first glimpse of Russia’s T-14 Armata tank from the inside

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Rincovsk

Post by Rincovsk »

April 14, 2016 NIKOLAI LITOVKIN, RBTH

The first video of the interior of the latest Russian tank has been uploaded to YouTube. As well as shots of the crew capsule, viewers can see crew members testing the war machine on rough and snowy terrain.

http://rbth.com/defence/2016/04/14/get- ... ide_584937
Rincovsk

RE: Get a first glimpse of Russia’s T-14 Armata tank from the inside

Post by Rincovsk »

Russia to get first mass-produced T-14 Armata tanks by 2018, says maker

April 27, 2016 NIKOLAI LITOVKIN, RBTH

The manufacturing concern also plans to reduce the cost per tank by increasing the volume of orders.

Russia’s armed forces will receive the first 100 mass-produced T-14 Armata tanks only in 2017-2018, the deputy director of the NPK Uralvagonzavod plant Vyacheslav Khalitov announced during an appearance on the radio station Ekho Moskvy (Echo of Moscow).

http://rbth.com/defence/2016/04/27/russ ... ker_588671
kipanderson

Post by kipanderson »

Rincovsk,

yup.. interesting to see. Lots of new everything coming from Russia. ATGM fly-over look down type too coming.

Remains to be seen if they stick to the new configuration. Obviously collected lots of data in tests and battle-runs against latest T90 types/configurations with same thermal sites and such.

But if in the end they produced a more conventional tank using all the latest armour, Active Protection Systems, new high pressure gun and such I still would not be surprised.

As in the Black Eagle or whatever it was called but with latest everything from T14.

Probably because this configuration is too expensive and customers will want something more conventional. As with the development of the British ChallengerI in the '70s.First produced because a customer wanted it.

A lot of very clever toys announced and more on the way this year.

All the best,
Kip.

Rincovsk

Post by Rincovsk »

Hey Kip. Thanks for your input. I agree. Interesting to see all those recent activities. The west is moving as well...I don't remember where I did read about the Leopard 3 in Germany. Let's just hope that all of those new toys will never be used. Just for us enthusiasts to admire them at exhibitions. [:)] Cheers!
lwarmonger

Post by lwarmonger »

"The tank is capable of firing up to 10 rounds per minute at an effective range of 4.3 miles (7 km). For comparison, the firing rate of U.S. Abrams tanks is only three rounds at a range of 2.8 miles (4,600 meters)."

HA!

I love it when Russians compare their equipment to ours. My first thought regarding this tank is the same as it is when looking at all Russian equipment. Namely over engineered, with the most advanced systems being difficult or impossible to maintain (assuming they are installed in the first place).
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

OK, 10 rpm ... with an automatic loader that, like the one in the earlier tanks, tended to want to a) load the nearest crewmember's arm (gunner?) or b) jammed a lot and c) reduced crew by 1/4 without reducing (higher than western tanks) maintenance requirements?

I looked at the video and my first question was ... even given that there have been changes that have reduced the dependence on conscripts in the Russian Army as opposed to the old Soviet system, how is the 'new' army equipped to maintain all that whizbang computerised stuff?

It looks very much like it could be a 'Potemkin Tank' ...

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”