Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Tejszd

RE: Scenario 4: Guadalcanal

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: Justus2

I found another issue with the Guadalcanal scenario. Glen Chutais were pointing to the wrong subs, so some Glen-equipped subs enter the game with no planes, and other subs have a plane attached, but no Aircraft Capacity to operate it (it can be tranferred to base, however). I used the editor to point all the Glen Chutais (I1-I45) to the correct I-Boat (many of which are not active). The I-boats that are active, and have aircraft capacity, now have the correct Chutai assigned.

I renamed the scenario to #044, and have included all the device changes in the post above as well. I looked at the Babes Guadalcanal scenario, and I like the expanded scope, but it says it's not AI-friendly, and I'm not ready to graduate to PBEM yet (time constraints as well). So I am trying to make the best of the existing scenario. Let me know if anyone finds anything else to update!

Andy, if you agree with these fixes should they not be made in your original scenario and the post/version updated?
BigDuke66

RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates

Post by BigDuke66 »

Just a question, neither the latest official patch(March 2015) nor the Beta patch do change the scenarios or database beyond what the unofficial updates in this thread do.
Can we expect another round of updates?
Maybe with the stuff from the sticky thread that collect all the issues?
tm.asp?m=2179183
tm.asp?m=1637444
tm.asp?m=1637340
tm.asp?m=1639011
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Prior to Andy's update stock scenario 1 had the following dat files

More historical

aei001-01.dat
aei001-02.dat
aei001-03.dat
aei001-04.dat
aei001-05.dat
aei001-06.dat

Less historical
aei001-07.dat
aei001-08.dat
aei001-09.dat
aei001-10.dat
aei001-11.dat
aei001-12.dat

After the AI update we have the additional dat files:

aei001-13.dat
aei001-14.dat
aei001-15.dat
aei001-16.dat
aei001-17.dat
aei001-18.dat
aei001-19.dat
aei001-20.dat

I want a slow, historical game vs Jap AI.Are the new files (13-20.dat) ahistorcial scripts? Should I delete 07-20 dat.files?

Thanks.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Problem solved by AndyMac

More historical

aei001-01.dat
aei001-02.dat
aei001-03.dat
aei001-04.dat
aei001-05.dat
aei001-06.dat

Less historical

aei001-07.dat
aei001-08.dat
aei001-09.dat
aei001-10.dat
aei001-11.dat
aei001-12.dat
aei001-13.dat
aei001-14.dat
aei001-15.dat
aei001-16.dat
aei001-17.dat
aei001-18.dat
aei001-19.dat
aei001-20.dat

If you want a more historical AI, delete files from 07 to 20.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

What would ahistorcial mean, really crazy stuff like Japan attacks Russia or just pushing a little further than Japan originally did?
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

It is the AI going outside the historical perimeter, going for i.e. NZ, Suva, Australia.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

That explains some silly attempts were the AI didn't catch anything but a bloody nose.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

What I would find helpful are some optimized Jap AI files to make the most out of the historical situation & capacities.
I had played with all AI files and saw silly attempts by Japan like a big convoy that did seem to head for New Caledonia and was smashed by me because that area was my stagging ground for future operations and was filled with a lot assets, such attempts could only work with a totally clueless & bad US player. These attempts also seem to be bad because the AI lacked behind the historical schedule in some places like the Philippines, the Dutch East Indies and Burma.
But I saw good things like Guadalcanal being secured by a lot Japanese forces, this kind of behavior that is within the capabilities of Japan is what I would like to see in a set of optimized AI files. This would be more challenging for a good US player but would still note waste Japanese assets for futile attempts.
Grfin Zeppelin

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

*nevermind found the answer*

Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

I went down a slightly differetn route.

I am building a slightly modified Scen 1 with as many fixes in it as I can as a baseline.

The scen is more or less down.

I am then going through an modifying the AI file to create a new slightly slower paced (hopefully) less wastefull Scen 1 AI file.

This is now in testing and tweaking.

Once I have that new baseline AI file complete I will then go through and build some variants based on this new baseline which will give me a new Scen1 1 with new slightly less manic AI more fit for Scen 1.

To be clear v the AI I would still not recommend Scen 1 as the AI will still struggle.

My intent would using this new basic Scen 1 to add the normal Scen 2 add ons to Japan to have a working Scen 1 and 2 update.

I would then use this new baseline for Ironman and Ironman Nasty Mods etc

It is a slow process because I am trying to do it methodically and get 1 working AI script for Scen1 that is as optimised as I can make it BEFORE I start doing variants.

One of the lessons learned from the original AI was we created the ability to do options quite late before going gold so the initial variants were done off of a not 100% complte core AI script.

This caused me huge problems because when I found an error - e.g. Jap AI sending TF's to PH then I had to go through every script and fix them all and it was hard to do.

So I am taking a lot of time to get 1 script for 1 variant for scen 1 working before I start messing with new scens or new options/variants

Andy
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

So the new scen has

More bases in Australia/NZ and Burma
Supply restrictions
Small organic food production in several areas
Slightly more flexibility in CW air frame use
New Australain Army starting locations
etc etc basically every fix to scen 1 that I spot that I agree with I am incorporating into the scenario BEFORE I finalise the AI.

So far my testing is out to 43 and its doing ok but obviously in Scen1 for both sides attacking is difficult.

Andy
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Sounds delicious! Looking forward!

Could you explain what you mean by "Supply restrictions", new limits in the supply transfer between bases?
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

Andy did you ever come up with a consistent formula that could be applied to all bases for supply restrictions? We discussed this last year, but I could never get it to work consistently. NW Australia would tie out, but Thailand and Burma would be off.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Not really its more of an artform than a science

Biggest grip I have working with Scen 1 again is the AI simply cannot cut it in Scen 1 - it needs the extra resources to be competitive even Scen 2 is a doddle for a human player I do my best but I can only do so much with the tools we have
mussey

Post by mussey »

I had to reinstall WITP-AE from scratch, and updated today to the most recent official patch v1108r9.

Q. Does it include the most recent AndyMac data changes to Scen10 - Ironman? I already downloaded Andy's unofficial patch 7, changed the .zip to .exe. But the files therein look a bit old, created 2012.

Before I overwrite Scen files I want to ensure I know what the !%&$@! I'm doing. Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: mussey

I had to reinstall WITP-AE from scratch, and updated today to the most recent official patch v1108r9.

Q. Does it include the most recent AndyMac data changes to Scen10 - Ironman? I already downloaded Andy's unofficial patch 7, changed the .zip to .exe. But the files therein look a bit old, created 2012.

Before I overwrite Scen files I want to ensure I know what the !%&$@! I'm doing. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

You should definitely update also to latest Beta after that. (Unofficial Public Beta - 1125 updated 3 April 2016 )
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

mussey

Post by mussey »

Sardaukar, thanks for a speedy reply. In between last post and this one, I discovered that I have saved a previous Ironman v10 update w/files that were created/modified 10/8/2014 (not sure where I got that from). But the one downloaded from this thread has a creation dates of 6/29/2012.

Does the download from this site (Post #1) contain the most up-to-date files????

Thanks

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: mussey

Sardaukar, thanks for a speedy reply. In between last post and this one, I discovered that I have saved a previous Ironman v10 update w/files that were created/modified 10/8/2014 (not sure where I got that from). But the one downloaded from this thread has a creation dates of 6/29/2012.

Does the download from this site (Post #1) contain the most up-to-date files????

Thanks

Yes, michaelm (blessed be his name [&o][:D]) always puts latest Beta as attachment in first post in that topic.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Mmmm... this should be a sticky.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

I've made it a habit to bookmark any thread I find worthy of being a sticky. [;)]

Return to “Tech Support”