Campaign

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

sherlock1

Campaign

Post by sherlock1 »

Seems to be that when you purchase a game, you should have the right to play either the Campaign or if you wish each scenario. That should be your choice and not Maxtix or any others. When you purchase the game you should own in and play it as only you want. I'm only referring this to Order of the Pacific, and the Marine add on.
Rosseau

RE: Campaign

Post by Rosseau »

Can't you just copy the scenarios to your users/name/documents/my games/oob pacific/scenarios folder like previous games? This also opens them up to editing.
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

I didn't know that could be done. Thanks for the heads up. But my point is I shouldn't have to do that, the scenarios should be available as part of the game as in other Matrix games . Again it should be the game buyers right to play just scenarios
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Thanks When I copied the scenarios to the folder, then playing the game, the Iwo Jima scenario does not appear yet its in the proper folder. Any ideas on this as it seems to be the only one I see missing
RussW

Post by RussW »

HMM I just looked in the scenarios folder and Iwo Jima isn't in there ...Where do you find it???It's listed in the game but can't find the actual file.
Semper Fi
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

This is where I have it

Slitherine\Order of Battle - Pacific\Order of Battle - Pacific_Data\Resources\Scenario
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Well, you're in the wrong directory. As I said above:

users/yourname/documents/my games/oob pacific/scenarios

Unless you're on a Mac or Linus, would be a little different.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

It was explained how to do it, but I do agree that this shouldn't be necessary.

tm.asp?m=3852497

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
RussW

Post by RussW »

Thanks rosseau..That's the one I downloaded by Erik...I was looking for one that came with the U.S.M.C. install.
it's listed in the ads so should be in the native OOB folder might show up as you play the campaign..Erik's one works ok for me.
Semper Fi
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

I don't think there is a Iwo Jima scenario included in the US Marine add on
RussW

Post by RussW »

look at the product page..but I think it comes up in the campaign not as a stand alone scenario
Semper Fi
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

I totally agree with this - I hate it that I can't just open up US Marines and go to the battles that my father fought in and try my hand at them like Panzer Corps. This should be fixed in an upcoming patch and I hope it will.
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Maybe they changed something with Marines, in which case I'm definitely not buying it. But for the base game and Morning Sun I just copied all the scenario folders to (users/yourname/documents/my games/oob pacific/scenarios). From there I was able to edit them, play them direct from the editor, or even replace a campaign scenario with an edited version of my own choosing.

If this is not the case now with Marines, I would like to know.
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

I contacted Matrix and you must play the campaign to get to the Iwo Jima scenairo I don't understand why they did this. We already purchased the game so why keep this from the scenarios
RussW

Post by RussW »

Thanks Jokco that;s what I was thinking.But still have Erik's mod for a quick battle
Semper Fi

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”