Hell bent on Lebensraum IV

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Michael T

Hell bent on Lebensraum IV

Post by Michael T »

After a two year hiatus from WITE I am returning to the fold. In this game I will be playing German against David (sillyflower) as Soviet. The game will commence soon after 1.08.09 becomes available. David is most welcome to comment for now. But as soon as hostilities begin he will not have permission to visit here. Enthusiasm is high on my part for this game but so is the rust factor me. Hopefully I won’t make any fatal mistakes before I get back up to speed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Settings

Sudden Death 41CG scenario
Server game
Locked HQ Support
Full FOW
Non Random Weather
Standard Blizzard
No +1 to Soviet Combat Odds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
House Rules

No Para drops at all
No bombing of HQ's unless stacked with a ground unit
No Night Bombing of Airfields

No naval invasions before November 1941, none outside the 1939 Soviet borders before January 1943 In addition if Sevastopol is either isolated, or in German hands, none west of the Crimea, which reflects the scope for air/naval interdiction not really reflected in the game. (This is Pelton’s rule)

Additional Sudden Death rules for 1941. Used to help prevent unrealistic Soviet retreat strategies in summer 1941 and to prevent unrealistic German retreats prior to and during the early blizzard period.

German SD victory check is made at the beginning of the German 4th December 1941 turn. If the German VP total is equal to or greater than 243 VP they win an Auto Victory.
Soviet SD victory check is made at the Beginning of the Soviet 1st January 1942 turn. If the German VP total is equal to or less than 205 VP then the Soviets win an Auto Victory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the Conditions of the Sudden Death scenario (Lost Battles) in case you don’t have them.

Turns: 211
This campaign is a variant of the 1941-45 Campaign - Alt VC260 campaign, with the only change being additional sudden death victory conditions. The victory conditions are the same as that in the Alt VC260 campaign with the addition of three sudden death victory condition checks made during the campaign. The checks are made at the beginning of the first turn of April 1942, April 1943 and April 1944. If during one of these checks, a player is determined to have met their Sudden Death victory conditions, the game will immediately end and declare a Decisive Victory for the winner.

April 1942
German Victory if victory points are >=242 Soviet Victory if victory points are <=191

April 1943
German Victory if victory points are >=255 Soviet Victory if victory points are <=188

April 1944
German Victory if victory points are >=210 Soviet Victory if victory points are <=150

The Alt VC260 campaign victory conditions used in this campaign as well are:
• The Axis Decisive Victory level (Automatic Victory) is 260 instead of 290.
• The Soviet Major Victory timeframe ends on 31 March 1945 (instead of 31 May 1945) and the Soviet Minor Victory timeframe between 1 April 1945 and 30 June 1945.
• A draw occurs if Germany does not surrender by 1 July 1945 and the Axis has less than
142 victory points.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STEF78

RE: Hell bent on Lebensraum IV

Post by STEF78 »

Welcome back!
ORIGINAL: Michael T

Game Settings
Non Random Weather
Standard Blizzard
No +1 to Soviet Combat Odds

This game settings will give a swinging game! For sure I will read it.
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Thanks. Looking forward to the battles :)
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Subscribed
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

As I wrote elsewhere recently, only a complete idiot would take Michael on
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

I would [:D]
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

May as well join the party. Never seen Mr M's work.

I'd play any of you guys, but I'm lazy and don't like to work hard on the turns, therefore PBEM only, so I can fix my bonehead/fumble-finger mistakes via the save/save over/reload routine.

If that's not sacrelidge (that's what it sounds like, but misspelled) enough, then non-random weather, mild blizzard, no movement FOW. The easy way.

If you guys are really lucky, .09 will come out right quick and maybe I'll keep quiet.

err, :) almost forgot.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

If I can get thru the first few turns without any major cockups I will be happy. I am not the well oiled machine I was two years ago. I have to regain my touch. That will take some time.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Never had the privilege of playing you Michael but hope to in the future, but I have had and am still having the pleasure of playing your opponent and you will need to get up to speed quite quickly as M. Sillyflower is quite formidable no matter which side you play. Looking forward to this AAR good luck to both of you.

Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
RKhan

Post by RKhan »

No Night Bombing of Airfields

I have not seen this before. Is it considered a problem now?
RKhan
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

If I can get thru the first few turns without any major cockups I will be happy. I am not the well oiled machine I was two years ago. I have to regain my touch. That will take some time.

But no Russia player has ever lasted more than a few turns against you apart from Ketza who just managed to avoid surrendering until early '42.

for those of you who missed it Michael recently posted that he found every game as german to be a cakewalk.I was 1 of those flattened cakes.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

But no Russia player has ever lasted more than a few turns against you apart from Ketza who just managed to avoid surrendering until early '42.

I have to defend my honor here....I survived into early '42 against MT back in the day although this was mostly due to me being too stubborn to accept defeat and less due to my actual skill as Soviets (am I actually boasting about losing badly here?)

Will you be starting a Soviet AAR so we can view the action from both sides?
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

But no Russia player has ever lasted more than a few turns against you apart from Ketza

That was actually Kamil, and we called the game a draw as we both ran out of WITE steam, that was my last game.

@smokindave I remember our game well. My first match review of WITE tm.asp?m=2907508

smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

@smokindave I remember our game well. My first match review of WITE tm.asp?m=2907508

Ouch! This was even worse than I remember. Never good to be defending Gorky in October of '41.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Hard to believe it was over 4.5 years ago.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: smokindave34
ORIGINAL: sillyflower

I have to defend my honor here....I survived into early '42 against MT back in the day although this was mostly due to me being too stubborn to accept defeat and less due to my actual skill as Soviets (am I actually boasting about losing badly here?)

Will you be starting a Soviet AAR so we can view the action from both sides?

Sorry to have traduced you Dave, but I was relying on earlier propaganda sent to me from Goebbel's australian office. However, it would have been over well before the end of summer '41 if you had been playing with alt VC. It must have been very painful to see those old screenshots, so I hope you have a good therapist.

I will do an AAR. It will be a bit different from the norm or my current one. A lot shorter for one thing [:(]
web exchange

ericv

Post by ericv »

The new monster vs the old monster. That's going to be interesting. :-)

With what happened during implementation of the latest patches, I certainly hope that 1.08.09 gets tested decently, one of them or bothm can suddenly find themselves playing an unplayable hand..
anyway best of luck to you both.

charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi Eric,

These are public betas, the most efficient, and fastest way to test new patches/fixes. There are not enough people available to do private beta, meaning, to have the next edition adequately tested. We're the guinea pigs, c'est la guerre!
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Don't be too quick to emotionally concede Sillyflower. In the last + 1 years of AAR's matching top players, I've not seen a Ruskie get embarrassed. You will not be the first. That's unless you back or vertigo flairs up.
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

I've just accepted Michael's challenge, so I say adieu to this thread. At least I expect my nightmare won't last long

signed

Whingeing Pom
web exchange

Return to “After Action Reports”