War In Europe/World War Two

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

MButtsworth

War In Europe/World War Two

Post by MButtsworth »

I am seeking a jovial madman to play War in Europe/World War II

The format would be.
VR Designs Blitzkrieg
Invasion of Poland
Invasion of France
WITE
War in the East
WITW
War in the West

The option would be to begin a game of
WITP AE at the beginning of the series and to play it alongside the land wars in Europe.

Anyone insane enough to give it a try?

Matt Buttsworth
(I would prefer Allies as I have no experience in being German in WITE
swkuh

RE: War In Europe/World War Two

Post by swkuh »

Am jovial, but not a madman, i.e., pleasantly insane.

Not a candidate to play, but intrigued enough to ask: "How will results from one game system be transferred to next game?"
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

If you wait 10 years Gary G. will make the European part happen, painlessly. [;)]
matt.buttsworth

Post by matt.buttsworth »

I would say in each campaign you get 3 points for decisive win (either player), 2 points for major win, 1 point for slight win and no points for a draw.
Then you could keep score as you fought your way through Poland, France, Russia, North Africa, Italy and France.

Matt the madman
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

so we would begin the game with Blitzkrieg, then WITE, start WITP AE on dec 7, game time, then WITW in 1943?
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
matt.buttsworth

Post by matt.buttsworth »

Yep. Exactly

Matt
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

I might be...problem is...I don't have Blitzkrieg...but I was thinking of ordering it.
I will get back to you.
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
darthsmaul

Post by darthsmaul »

How about they just do a War in the East but make it A World at War at the same scale? :) Would love to play the whole global war at this scale.
Balou

Post by Balou »

Some day 2b3 will merge WitE and WitW and expand them to WiE. Long live GG ! (didn't see Zorch's post)
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
darthsmaul

Post by darthsmaul »

no, global war!!!!! :)
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

For a simulation on this gigantic scale, maybe you would do better with a team of players on each side. Kind of like how they really did it back then. [;)]

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”