Has this game become vaporware?

3D version of Close Combat
sakeoe

Has this game become vaporware?

Post by sakeoe »

At this point it is hard to believe the game is still under active development. Has the game been cancelled?
zakblood

RE: Has this game become vaporware?

Post by zakblood »

nope, still being worked on
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

How easy it is to beat up on a small programming team. Frustration is understandable but as I understand it is one programmer and he clearly is not responsible for marketing decisions.
Having a programming background I am completely sympathetic to the coder's situation. Their biggest mistake was ever sending out screenshots early on. That set expectations and now they are paying. But personally I think we should ease up, there are many other games out in the universe. This will arrive someday.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Yes. Their failure was publish two early screenshots which called the attention from many people because even in the early stage, it looked awesome and very close to a old CC game. The type of game that all we have been waiting for many time.

About the game, it continues being at developing and we will know more about it when the time comes. Not before.
Tactics

Post by Tactics »

All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy. Scheduled to release in 2009 and available to pre-order for $54.

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Shrapnel_G ... _page.html
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

It is not vaporware. That much I can confirm. :)

Steve
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I just don't understand what all the secrecy about this game is. Why can't the developers just give us updates, blogs, anything.

Your fans are here, just waiting to read anything. Having the years go by with absolutely zero progress to the public makes your "not vaporware" statement very hard to believe.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I just don't understand what all the secrecy about this game is. Why can't the developers just give us updates, blogs, anything.
The unique failure was show some from the game too soon. If you check around the world, you will see how most of the games without early access are not showed before they are released.
TDefender

Post by TDefender »

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox
The unique failure was show some from the game too soon. If you check around the world, you will see how most of the games without early access are not showed before they are released.

No offense mate but this is absolutely false and, by the way, they just show us a single meager screenshot...
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

False? how many games have you seen? most of the games do not show absolutely nothing before they are released. I go to tell you a example. The creators from Titan Falls are working in a SW game and we have not seen a single image.

The unique exceptions to this rule are games with betas or earlyaccess.
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

When it is released, it should be ground breaking with a new engine, and ideas from the community.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

When it is released, it should be ground breaking with a new engine, and ideas from the community.

And I suppose you ascertained that from vaporware. It may not be vaporware in the future, but for now IT IS vaporware.

Ageod got started using a single programmer who in just 2 years or so, developed the AGE game engine. After that, Ageod popped out title after title for years. We were not that lucky.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Coming from a guy who he does not say nothing more than spam, it is nothing.
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

It will be interesting to see if TBF or AoC, both using the same engine, both being developed by long time CC veterans, gets published first. Until then Ive got a couple dozen untouched CC mods to keep me occupied.
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

+1 on the Mods. I too am going through my CC Mods till the launch of TBF.
ORIGINAL: mickxe5

It will be interesting to see if TBF or AoC, both using the same engine, both being developed by long time CC veterans, gets published first. Until then Ive got a couple dozen untouched CC mods to keep me occupied.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: mickxe5

I do not see AoC being published before if it has not a publisher and clearly they are not a biggest team, they have not any chance from finish the game before or to finish it at less time than the time used at develop the CC BF.

Remember, with AoC, they have published stuff fast because they needed sell it to one publisher (one thing without success by the moment) and clearly it remembered to the first alpha screenshots from BF. With one exception, the CCBF looked as a CC and AoC does not look as a CC.
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

The Progress/Updates/Info on this is just as much as mine still working on purchasing a Duesenberg Boattail Speedster.

Attachments
e715407278..200353fb.jpg
e715407278..200353fb.jpg (103.76 KiB) Viewed 262 times
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

So when do you expect to purchase it? Or is it just vaporware?[:)]
ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

The Progress/Updates/Info on this is just as much as mine still working on purchasing a Duesenberg Boattail Speedster.

mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

That Doozy will be a small step up from your current ride.

Attachments
neoned.jpg
neoned.jpg (143.87 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Any info??? is a little strange see other titles in future offering images and here the same old lack of anything...

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”