Do boxed versions of Matrix Games require an Internet connection to be installed?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Steely Glint

Do boxed versions of Matrix Games require an Internet connection to be installed?

Post by Steely Glint »

I own a ton of Matrix Games and am a long-time customer but now have encountered a situation for the first time: a laptop with no means of an Internet connection. I own some boxed games on CD/DVD: can they be installed successfully on a laptop without an Internet connection?

Thanks in advance for any help.
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
Lecivius

RE: Do boxed versions of Matrix Games require an Internet connection to be installed?

Post by Lecivius »

as long as you have the key you should be good. I'm not aware of anything requiring a network connection.

Obviously you will to patch [;)]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Steely Glint

RE: Do boxed versions of Matrix Games require an Internet connection to be installed?

Post by Steely Glint »

Thank you!
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Do you not have internet at all or just no wifi on the laptop? You can get a tiny USB dongle that will give you wifi access for less than $15, if the problem is just no wifi on the laptop.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The only issue is you wont be able to upgrade with the autoupdate feature and obviously multiplayer is unavailable. Some games have ranking tables that will also be unavailable but there should not be any issues of running without internet.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “General Discussion”