COmbat Mission Final Blitzkrieg review now published on TW

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wodin

COmbat Mission Final Blitzkrieg review now published on TW

Post by wodin »

Just published my review of Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg on Tactical Wargames blog.

This is my first proper go at writing a review as I'm a total newbie with regards to the secret arts of review writing.

Go take a look:)

REVIEW LINK
wings7

RE: COmbat Mission Final Blitzkrieg review now published on TW

Post by wings7 »

Thanks for the link Jason! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Good coverage Jason.

It's nothing revolutionary as you said but seeing the Wehrmacht wielding full power with the big cats in the snow is a truly enjoyable experience.

I've only started one quick battle so far but am looking forward to the smaller scenarios you mentioned.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Good review thanks Wodin.

I think CM is one of the very few games that has always been on our hardisks, its like a good friend always around.
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

Good review. I have been tempted to buy this before but held off for some unknown reason. Time to take another look.

You may consider adding a short para re: the UI, game options (if significant variations exist - supply, etc.), modding ability difficulty.

Thanks!
No problem Chief!
wodin

Post by wodin »

Max in future reviews I'll go into more detail on the game..as this was the first CM game reviewed I wanted to do a back ground to the series so really had less article space for the actual game. So I went for a more overall opinion on the game and my advice on whether to buy the game from different gamers perspectives rather than get to tied down with the nitty gritty of the game. So I either recommended with links places where the reader could get this sort of info or directed them to the demo.

To late for this one as you wouldn't beleive the amount of additions and changes I've made to it sinceit first went up..plus a few times now when I have chnaged or added somehting the whole layout goes to pot messing up the font sizes and o knws what which caused poor Boris my editor no end of stress. SO I shall take on the advice for next time:) Also I thought nearlly all other review so fthe game go into this sort of thing and no doubt the reader will read those reviews aswell so wnated to do somehting that I find is missing in alot of reviews..how will I like it if I 'm a causal player or not keen on the previous games, or never played the game before or come to it from different games that could be viewed as similar.It's somethign I intend to do with all my reviews, try and advise a course of action to gamers who come at it from different perspectives.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Cheers Wodin. Nice work.
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Max in future reviews I'll go into more detail on the game..as this was the first CM game reviewed I wanted to do a back ground to the series so really had less article space for the actual game. So I went for a more overall opinion on the game and my advice on whether to buy the game from different gamers perspectives rather than get to tied down with the nitty gritty of the game. So I either recommended with links places where the reader could get this sort of info or directed them to the demo.

To late for this one as you wouldn't beleive the amount of additions and changes I've made to it sinceit first went up..plus a few times now when I have chnaged or added somehting the whole layout goes to pot messing up the font sizes and o knws what which caused poor Boris my editor no end of stress. SO I shall take on the advice for next time:) Also I thought nearlly all other review so fthe game go into this sort of thing and no doubt the reader will read those reviews aswell so wnated to do somehting that I find is missing in alot of reviews..how will I like it if I 'm a causal player or not keen on the previous games, or never played the game before or come to it from different games that could be viewed as similar.It's somethign I intend to do with all my reviews, try and advise a course of action to gamers who come at it from different perspectives.

Understood. I sympathize with regard to rewrites. I am a technical writer by trade and am always editing...over and over again! [:D]
No problem Chief!
nicwb

Post by nicwb »

Thanks Wodin,

I am thinking of getting the game and your article certainly helped firm my decision. I'll probably get it but will hold off until the end of the year.
wodin

Post by wodin »

If you haven't played a CMx2 game before I'd try the demo first:)

ORIGINAL: nicwb

Thanks Wodin,

I am thinking of getting the game and your article certainly helped firm my decision. I'll probably get it but will hold off until the end of the year.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Very nice job with the writing. I tried the demo and have a few of the games from Battlefront.
nicwb

Post by nicwb »

[If you haven't played a CMx2 game before I'd try the demo first:)
[/quote]

Thanks Wodin- already have CMBFN and CMRT - I was really mainly interested to see if there was much new. As I say I'll stil get the game eventually but I think I'll wait for a while.

I sort of wish they would tackle the early war years in a design. No one seems to cover that area well - even Red Thunder is really the late war Giants.
RyanCrierie

Post by RyanCrierie »

Hey Wodin, do they still install intrusive copy protection onto your system?

I once bought the CMBO/CMBB/CMAK patches, and installed them onto a laptop that's since been reformatted; and the patches installed a system device that appeared as an icon in the Windows Control Panel.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Ryan it has changed and is alot easier now..you just regster when installing..no need to unregister when uninstalling like you had to. Plus you get a set amount of activations a year I think..I've never seen anyone post a complaint on the forum about running out of activations..so prob a non issue.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

When I switched to Win10 recently had to reinstall CMBN/CW/MG/FI/GL/RT/BS - love those acronyms. Anyway, I expected disaster but all went well. Only hitch was McAfee flagged the GL install as bad. I hate McAfee...

Return to “General Discussion”