Win10 Help

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

fodder

Win10 Help

Post by fodder »

Got a new laptop. YAY! It runs win 10. BOO!

Can only get the game to open in 75% percent screen and the map scroll is so slow as to make the game unplayable.

Have read the threads and have tried many of the suggestions players have listed, none have worked.

Need help or suggestions for:

Win10
AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.80 GHz
RAM 8.00
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks

BBfanboy

RE: Win10 Help

Post by BBfanboy »

There are a lot of possible issues. Can you post pictures of your switches in the shortcut and describe what you have tried?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
fodder

Post by fodder »

My current command line is "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe"

I've tried to use a whole bunch of switches, -altFont -archive -wd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders

No Luck.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

I don't see -dd_sw among the list of switches. Try using it with -deepColor.

As for the resolution, try reducing the size a bit while keeping the 16:9 aspect ratio. If you try for full-screen 'windowed' mode on a 16:9 screen, in my experience the game will snap back to a much smaller resolution.

For instance, on a 1920 x 1080 screen, I use the switches -pxf1888 -pyf1062. I could go a bit larger, but this was the best compromise for me regarding maximizing window size, maintaining aspect ratio, and minimizing clipping. The 'right' balance is subjective, so you may need a few iterations to find the best resolution for you.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: fodder

My current command line is "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe"

I've tried to use a whole bunch of switches, -altFont -archive -wd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders

No Luck.

Your problem is that shortcut switches work only with "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe", not with autorun.exe.

Make new shortcut with "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe -altFont -archive -wd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders"

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

fodder

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

No Luck.

Your problem is that shortcut switches work only with "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe", not with autorun.exe.

Make new shortcut with "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe -altFont -archive -wd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders"

Tried this, got an invalid error message.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

No Luck.

In my example, there was " missing. Target field needs to be literally:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -wd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders

And shortcut property field Start in needs to be: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition"

Hope this helps! [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

fodder

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: Korvar

I don't see -dd_sw among the list of switches. Try using it with -deepColor.

Nope, didn't help.
fodder

Post by fodder »

[/quote]

[/quote]

In my example, there was " missing. Target field needs to be literally:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -wd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders

And shortcut property field Start in needs to be: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition"

Hope this helps! [8D]
[/quote]

This helped a little with my slow scroll, still need to get it to go faster to be playable. It also changed my screen view to a box, well it is some thing different.
which is an improvement'
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

You need to add -dd_sw switch. That usually helps with slow scrolling.

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

You are working with the wrong shortcut - the one the game installs on your desktop to point to the autorun.exe file.
You need to create the one for your witp-ae.exe file.
Go to the game folder and right-click on the game file and choose "create shortcut".
Drag the shortcut icon to the desktop and drop it.
Right click on it and choose Properties.
Find the target box and add the switches after the part in quotes. Ensure you leave a space between the last quote and the switches, and between each switch.
Get rid of or rename the shortcut that points ot the autorun.exe file to avoid confusion with the game starter.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
fodder

Post by fodder »

You need to add -dd_sw switch. That usually helps with slow scrolling.

YES!! That worked great.
fodder

Post by fodder »

That's one problem down, thank you.

Now what can I do about my screen resolution. Still can't get wide screen working.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I do widescreen at 1920 X 1080, full screen mode (not windowed).
Choose the highest resolution your video card and monitor will support.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Be sure to type in the dash "-" characters by hand. Do not copy & paste from the manual.
fodder

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I do widescreen at 1920 X 1080, full screen mode (not windowed).
Choose the highest resolution your video card and monitor will support.

1920x 1080 is what my system recommends, but when I do that and try to run the game my system freezes up and I have to reset my puter.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Make sure you have the -deepColor switch for high resolutions.
fodder

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Make sure you have the -deepColor switch for high resolutions.

Yes, -deepColor switch is in the line, but no help.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Lot of laptops (like mine) has max. resolution of 1366 x 768.

fodder

Post by fodder »

Lot of laptops (like mine) has max. resolution of 1366 x 768.

What numbers I use doesn't seem to matter. Even if I put in no numbers I'm getting the same 75% middle screen image.

Return to “Tech Support”