Game Crashed

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
Selus

Game Crashed

Post by Selus »

game crashed and i dont kwon why, where i sent reports´s archive?¿
zakblood

RE: Game Crashed

Post by zakblood »

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

game crashed and i dont kwon why, where i sent reports´s archive?

If the game left a crash report on your desktop you can open it up and paste it into a post. It won't be very long.

For things like the dxdiag report which zakblood mentioned, that should be attached rather than pasted into your reply.

Anyway, did you get a crash report on your desktop? If so, please paste it into a reply and I'll check it out.

If the game died without leaving a report then it might very well be a system issue, and you should create the DxDiag as zakblood requested.

Thanks!
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
amtrick

Post by amtrick »

I've have several crashes. Using Version 1.0. Here is crash report from the latest incident:

Napoleon Version 1.0 Build 57
Napoleon crashed at: Wed Apr 13 10:57:45 EDT 2016
OS = Windows 7
Architecture = x86
OS Version = 6.1
Free heap space is 5038344
Total memory is 301539328
Size config = 3
Details of the crash:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at rx.a(rx.java:290)
at rx.a(rx.java:260)
at fy.a(fy.java:450)
at k9.a(k9.java:568)
at t4.a(t4.java:1956)
at t4.e(t4.java:687)
at t4.p(t4.java:2255)
at a.p(a.java:768)
at ilb.run(ilb.java:144)
<end of report>

Any help?
RickD
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

any report as mentioned above, other than that we would be guessing tbh

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
amtrick

Post by amtrick »

Here's your file
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(23.32 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
RickD
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

thanks.

Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 Driver Date/Size: 11/19/2014

Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB the minimum for most games are 500mb of Dedicated Memory, but will double check
Shared Memory: 1632 MB

no errors in report so nothing game related either, so my guess is, and it is a guess, first update the out of date drivers, then add the game the firewall and anti virus engine, run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions, and check even if it means reloading all game pre requisites again for the game.
Windows XP:
32-bit OS: 2 GHz CPU or higher. 1 GB RAM
64-Bit OS: 2 GHz CPU or higher. 2 GB RAM
Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10:
32-bit OS: 2.4 GHz CPU or higher. 2 GB RAM
64-Bit OS: 3 GHz CPU or higher. 4 GB RAM
Monitor: 1280 x 800 or 1366 x 768 and higher.

no mention either of video ram, so will need to wait for developer to mention if it's ok or not.
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

I've have several crashes...

Thanks for posting the report.

It appears that your game had gotten corrupted. The army you had selected was not properly placed on the map.

Did this happen shortly after loading a saved game? There have been a couple of players who have had saved games which somehow got corrupted and when the game was reloaded it was really messed up.

If that is not the case, then I'll have to look for another cause.

The amount of dedicated memory for your graphics chip is low, but I don't think that this issue has to with DirectX.

I'll wait for your answer about the saved game and we'll go from there.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
amtrick

Post by amtrick »

I have a habit of saving games and reloading them during the same session so I can pursue alternative strategy/tactics during the game (I'm still getting a feel for it). So it is very possible it happened after a reload. I also have had a situation where I split an army and one part of it becomes a "ghost". It simply stays in the region where it was created, but is grayed out. If I try to access it, I get a crash.
RickD
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

Well, I am certainly sorry that the game is not behaving properly for you.

Your strategy of using saved games is something that I do as well. And they should work properly. But it does appear that some kind of corruption is getting into the saves.

I will probably need to prepare a hot fix for you. If you are interested in trying this please let me know (here or via PM). I should have time to prepare it this weekend.

The point of the hotfix is to add diagnostic code to see if the corruption happens before the game is saved or when it is loaded.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
amtrick

Post by amtrick »

More than happy to help out by using hotfix.

BTW here is another one. Happened when I clicked on a Prussian army to see what was in it:

Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(23.32 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
RickD
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

More than happy to help out by using hotfix.

Thanks! I'll prepare this and contact you via PM.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
Douaumont

Post by Douaumont »

I had my first crash after loading a saved game, from the 1813 campaign. Fought a battle, won, got the after-action pursuit report, went back to main screen, then crashed.
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

Can you post or send to me the crash report which the game should have left on your desktop?

It should be something like "Napoleon Crash 1234567890.txt" (The string of digits will be different).

Is it possible to send your saved game to me as well? You should be able to find it in the Saved Games folder of the User Data folder in the game's installation.

It's probably easiest to send these via PM.

Thanks for purchasing the game!

James Warshawsky
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”