US MArines install problems

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

ncarson

US MArines install problems

Post by ncarson »

I purchased and installed US MArines, and the program "loads" but never offers more than a mod screen that eventually changes into the old menu, no US Marines in sight. When I attempt to upgrade I get the message "Failed to upload datafile, possible client/data mismatch. The upgrade log file looked ok, but the new program (US MArines) cannot be started. When I click on "download new " on the menu screen the computer appears to lock up (ran for 15 minutes with no results). Not sure where to go at this point.

Thanks.
zakblood

RE: US MArines install problems

Post by zakblood »

site or steam version, lets take a look,

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
ncarson

Post by ncarson »

Thanks for your prompt attention.

Attached is dx report, looks like no issues. I am running latest version (win10 computer), Gforce card updated drivers; checked Norton and Order of Battle Pacific is permitted, as well as upgrade program.

Attachments
DxDiagusmarines.txt
(76.02 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
ncarson

Post by ncarson »

I completely uninstalled, reinstalled, got the update, then ran the file that I downloaded when I purchased. Put in the new serial number. While it took a long time to "initialize", it seemed to rapidly skip to the end of the routine but said the installation was successful.
Other than in the title, the Marines are nowhere to be found in the game.
I also ran the dx install routines again (from the redist folder). So far, Marines 0, Bugs 1... [8|]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

do you use dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 cards?

most of your reports is full of MSSecurityClient errors (which means An error has occurred in the program during initialization.) so you have a faulty or a fault in your MSSecurityClient

the rest are common problems with the pc going to sleep when games on but not being used etc, UpdateOrchestrator this can be solved by disabling this feature, same as screensavers, something else which can crash certain games, if your away from the pc for any length of time, turn off the monitor, it's better and easier to restart then, as just turn it back on, something that alters no game of program.

there is nothing in the report game wise, so sort out these 2 error's, and then wait and see if the game even supports dual cards, a developer will need to reply on this one as it's unknown to me and the game should work fine.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

sites playing up for me this morning, taking far too long to reply to posts, times out [:(] so getting more than a few double posts

[:(]
ncarson

Post by ncarson »

I installed the game on my home machine and get exactly the same behavior: when I chick on the "download new materaials" from the menu, it hangs.... ran for at least thirty minutes with nothing but the spinning menu. It seems to skip over the intallation very quickly.

The program ruans fine, and I have completed ALL the scenarios some months ago, including the home invasion (Tokyo) and the game still runs fine, just that US Marines are no where to be found. IT seems that there should at least be a directory somewhere with the files, and I cannnot find one anywhere on my machine.... either one.

BTW both have Nvidia cards, the home is GTX 970 and runs great on a big 65 inch monitor. I really think the problem is the files are no where to be found. I searched the entire computer for files containing "us" or "marines" and found no game related files at all. It can't run was is not there! And yes, the install asked and accepted my new serial number. Where SHOULD the files be?

Return to “Tech Support”