Soerabaja and their Shipyard

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

101Man

Soerabaja and their Shipyard

Post by 101Man »

In my first campaign it is 07 July '42 and I am holding on to Singapore, Java, and Sumatra. All of the sudden, the repair shipyard in Soerabaja goes from 8,000 tons to zero. he Japanese have bombed the port but I see no damage to the shipyard, other than the 0(8) status in the base screen. Does anyone know what this is? Thanks.
Alfred

RE: Soerabaja and their Shipyard

Post by Alfred »

1.  You said the enemy bombed the shipyard.  One launches a Port Attack to target disbanded ships and reduce any shipyard capacity located at the base.  Other benefits include the possibility of destroying fuel and delaying fort construction.

2.  The base screen tells you how much damage to the shipyard was inflicted.  In your case 0(8) means your normal size 8 shipyard has been reduced to size 0.

Alfred
jwolf

RE: Soerabaja and their Shipyard

Post by jwolf »

The bottom line is that if you can't defend the airspace, the facilities at Soerabaja won't do you much good. Same thing at Singapore although the AA is probably a lot better there.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”