Resource Facilities?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Drybreeze

Resource Facilities?

Post by Drybreeze »

Gday,

I am wondering if the current mod setup allows for resource-producing facilities? I can't seem to find out if it's possible and if so how to do it.

I can produce raw materials no problems.
I can produce colony-manufactured goods no problems.

But ideally I'd like to have facilities (cheaper than traditional ones to research and build) which would allow for a more realistic supply chain.

For example, a raw material might be Iron Ore, or Bauxite.
Player can build a Smelter or an Electrolysis Plant on a colony, and in turn they import Iron Ore or Bauxite and output Steel or Aluminium respectively. Obviously if the raw material is present on the planet no import is necessary.

Otherwise the current system means that Steel and Bauxite can simply appear spontaneously on a colony once it reaches the mod-set population density which is okay I guess but not ideal or realistic for what I'm trying to do.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!
HerpInYourDerp

RE: Resource Facilities?

Post by HerpInYourDerp »

AFAIK, all the functions for what buildings can do (eg. trigger event x/y/z, +% bonus to a/b/c, etc.) are hardcoded and just limited to whatever is available inside facilities.txt file. So unfortunately, pop quota is the only way to trigger manufactured resources atm.
Drybreeze

Post by Drybreeze »

Aww that's dissapointing. Aw well population density will have to do as the trigger then, and let the colony demand for other raw resources be a sort of simulation of primary industry... not particularly realistic but good enough for now.

Thanks Herp!
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

what do you mean with "AFAIK" ?
Rosbjerg

Post by Rosbjerg »

It's an abbreviation for 'as far as I know'.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I would like to add the racial event "natural harmony" to the terraforming facility somehow.

Return to “Design and Modding”