Offensive & Defensive Mod

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Ormand

Offensive & Defensive Mod

Post by Ormand »

I wanted to look at doing winter slightly different. Instead of impacting readiness, I wanted to affect combat capability, kind of like what is done in the "Great Patriotic War" scenario. The problem is that the Offensive and Defensive Mod event are absolute, which is great for doing a reset, which clearly would be needed at some point. But, I am worried how such an event would interact with other events, such as leaders giving bonuses. Since they all seem to be absolute, rather than relative, modifications, wouldn't they just overwrite the previous modification. Thus, if I had winter give a -10%, but with the leader, couldn't it just negate this? For example, I also see at times that the leader gives a bonus at some point due to experience. Again, wouldn't this just negate the previous modification. I also couldn't see if there was a way to query the current bonus, and try to add to this, which would effectively make the bonuses have an accumulative effect.

There are numerous types of events one could think of trying to make like this, death of a leader, surprise, etc., you would try to implement this way, but would run into a conflict with other bonuses.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had run into this, thought about it, and had a solution.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”