Need opponent or join a GD1938 game

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

cpdeyoung

RE: Need opponent or join a GD1938 game

Post by cpdeyoung »

If the Soviets and Germans/Italians/Japanese are Allies it is not much of a game.

Chuck

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Have no fears that won't be happening in this game who suggested that it would. All we are trying to prevent is soft victories in the east, any attempts will be blocked if possible by the Soviet Union.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

So are we good to go ?

Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

GD 1938? What are the house rules?
MrLongleg

Post by MrLongleg »

I am good to go. I can play a turn over the weekend, then I will be back on the 26th...
MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Have no fears that won't be happening in this game who suggested that it would.

I was addressing Bombur who said :
I also think the Russians shouldn´t be forbidden to make alliances with Axis nations.

My experience with games in which the Soviets and Germans work together, rather than battle it out, have not been promising.

Chuck
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Japan is up house rules are regular with the addition of handing victory to allies, I believe I was told once that the intent of the victory conditions, was that players should act as independent sovereign nations.

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Yes I read that I guess he is not keen on the certainties of the 2nd World War,
that there should be no fixed alliances, that anything is possible.

Regards game 22 there was a lot more play in that game before the Germans actually were in position to win. The British dug in like ticks in Northern France, The Soviets still had a third more force strength than the Germans, the USA were not going to join the Axis I actually told the new USA player (Juergen) to DOW on Germany and I knew he would get round to doing just that, Juergen had the Problem that the Germans had pretty much won the battle of the Atlantic the Kriegsmarine was large and getting larger 150 U-boats 70 DD some of them the new DD III.

Plus Italy was holding some of the German victory cities and I had decided that it would have been unfair to transfer them to the Germans so the game was not about to end and had two or three more years of play in it. I would like to avoid a premature ending to another good game.

MrLongleg

Post by MrLongleg »

Can somebody write down the house rules in one post? This is my first game here, so I am not aware of "regular"...
MrLongleg

MrLongleg

Post by MrLongleg »

I am playing France and UK, right?
MrLongleg

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Yes France and UK same as the test couple of turns, the house rules have to do with Allies DOW on a minor nation that is friendly to their ally, they are then at war they make peace then rinse and repeat with other minor nations, its mostly Balkan Nations.

Example

Poland is pro British you could Declare War on Poland with France, then make peace with the British. That would give the British Poland for no expenditure of PP to exert influence.

MrLongleg

Post by MrLongleg »

Hi,

I am having trouble opening the turn. AT crashes. Now it is too late because I have to catch a plane. Will be back on the 26th.

Do I need to install something extra? How do I do that? I could not find any atzip files in the dropbox.
MrLongleg

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Looking the file its 33 MB should be 1.34 MB so I will replay the Soviet turn looks like I have the problem.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The GD 1938 v221v2.at2 file is 34.6 megabytes too.

Chuck
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I just zipped the file and it altered to 1.34. Then unpacked it into GD1938.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I have no problem playing with version x1, but I am too busy just now for the Germans.

I could play the Americans as it will be a long time till I have to play big turns. Larry, if you would like the Germans they are available, and I do not mind at all if someone wants the Chinese as a new player.

Sorry, I just don't have time for the Germans, and I don't want to have slow play.

Chuck
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

So sides are

Ironduke Germans
Baloo7777 Italians
Bomber Japanese
LJBurstyn USSR
Haudrauf1962 France and UK
USA cpdeyoung
China ?

Waiting for a Chinese player ?

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

I could take China, Baloo777 takes Japan and Iron Duke also takes Italy.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

.....or, we find a 7th player.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

May be better to wait for a 7th player, Chuck pointed out that playing Germany and Italy is quite a advantage for the Germans. Can't say I disagree with that sentiment, a independent Italy is a more interesting and unpredictable prospect.

Larry was keen to play the Japanese again, if you are happy taking the Soviet Union we just need a Chinese player and we are good to go.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”