Nostalgia

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Ian R

Nostalgia

Post by Ian R »

An archeological expedition into the boxes in my garage produced these relics. Now, if I can get a USB adaptor cord and find a functioning 3.5"drive ...

"I am Alfred"
Hattori Hanzo

RE: Nostalgia

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

I still have my first Pentium, it work and has a 3.5" functioning disk drive.. [:D]

some weeks ago I played Carrier Strike with it: my first SSI title bought in Chicago in the 1992 summer during my first vacation in the USA: sweet memories.. [8|]
bradk

Post by bradk »

Ah, another collector of obsolete software. I still have some of that stuff. However, I sold the TRS80. [;)]
Ian R

Post by Ian R »

Not so much collected, as hoarded. I'd forgotten they were there. I also found some SSI "20 great games" CD's, haven't got around to looking at them yet. And windows95 & 98 installation disks.

Needless to say all of these things probably need dosbox to run. It does a good job, so I haven't explored the possibilities of partitioning off an 80Mb slice of hard drive and setting it up as a pretend 486 pc to run these things in a true dos environment. If you can even do that.
"I am Alfred"
Tony4245

Post by Tony4245 »

Wow, Ian - as the man said, "Good on yer, mate!".

You might want to try Ebay, I got my hands on a 3.5" floppy drive (with a USB cord already attached) that way.
"BEEBLEBROX. Just be glad he's out there."
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I think I might have a 3.5 laying around. Man, those were good days for me of gaming. I still have a bunch of those RUN 5 magazines. Clash of Steel was fun.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Just thinking, if you have the boxes for the games they , might be collector items. I still have the war in russia game and the V for victory games. I'll. Send pictures
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Boxes & manuals certainly increase value of the game. But it is hard to find buyers for such old games. Doubly so for the niche war game genre. Haven't seen many (read: any) war game reviews made by LGR and JesusMetalRocks (YouTube channels).
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

I'm a collector of both "board-wargames" and "computer old wargames": I can assure you that there is a thriving market out there for both the genre.

especially for the first one.

ps: YouTube suck.. [8D]

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”