New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Jagdtiger14

RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!!

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

So, how much does it cost to host a race?
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

That'll knock you back a couple of mil for sure.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... hrain.html

Alonzo is too sore/injured to race this weekend.
Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

And several of us are headed back to Austin in October again, now that they have the licensing cleared up. We'll be at turn 12. Anyone want to come along? [8D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

ROSBERG! Big story for me is the Haas result...6th last race, and now a 5th!

I disagree with the stewards decision on Botas at the start...Hamilton went wide and left himself open. Obviously lots of cheering from me when I saw the contact and Hamilton's car sideways. Once again Hamilton was lucky to get a podium finish.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

ROSBERG! Big story for me is the Haas result...6th last race, and now a 5th!

I disagree with the stewards decision on Botas at the start...Hamilton went wide and left himself open. Obviously lots of cheering from me when I saw the contact and Hamilton's car sideways. Once again Hamilton was lucky to get a podium finish.

I was very surprised he had so little damage after that smack. I think he dropped all the way to 8th while he was trying to figure out if there was any damage. I'm sure it was a huge jolt and unwelcome surprise.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

One driver that has been impressive so far has been the young kid: Pascal Wehrlein. He was recently a back up driver for Mercedes and now this season with Manor. Manor is using Mercedes engines, so maybe there was some sort of deal? I think we will see him with much better rides in the near future.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

(from NBC Sports) More info on why Haas has done well and others (Sauber, Force India, Manor):

The team is utilizing the rules to their benefit: 1. using as much Ferrari content as the rules allow, 2. Grosjean being happy to qualify 9th to ensure he had the best tire strategy for Bahrain. This team is smart...especially with Guenther Steiner on board.

Looks like Haas might have something this campaign...5th?...4th?...3rd? in constructors...so long as both can finish for once.
Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

Ferrari certainly have reliability issues. If those continue there might be room higher up on the pecking order. Haas surely debuted better than "Mc-Honda".
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

An interesting watch: Nurburgring (long track) Lambo vs Porsche vs BMW:

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/lamborghini ... 01650.html
Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

The FIA has dropped the godawful new qualification rules and reverted to last year's rules...for the second time. Hopefully they won't undo this again, at least not without taking an IQ test beforehand.

Also, Hamilton gets a 5-place grid penalty in Shanghai for a gearbox change.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Well, now we cant argue about it anymore. Best F1 drivers of all time:

1. Fangio
2. Prost
3. Alonso (Schumacher)
4. Clark
5. Senna

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/15/motor ... ver-study/
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Haas...interesting:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/haas-boss- ... 0--f1.html

I like his comments!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Interesting noises already coming from Renault. I don't think they rate Jolyon Palmer. He needs to get off to a good start, take some risks and prove he is fast. Personally I give him until mid-season before they replace him.
warspite1

Hope this isn't going to come true..... [:(]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
CarnageINC

Post by CarnageINC »

Well, now we cant argue about it anymore. Best F1 drivers of all time:

1. Fangio
2. Prost
3. Alonso (Schumacher)
4. Clark
5. Senna

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/15/motor ... ver-study/

I can't see why Prost is over Schumacher, nor why Clark is over Senna. If you ask me it should be Fangio, Senna, Schumacher, Prost, Stewart/Moss. Alonso is a great driver, but not top 5 material. His very poor career choices should be a factor in his ranking. He falls under Vettle and Hamilton in my book.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

ROSBERG! Six in a row! Lulu not doing so well...7th. Looks like Rosberg is earning his next contract extension.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ROSBERG! Six in a row! Lulu not doing so well...7th. Looks like Rosberg is earning his next contract extension.

They claim that every one that has won the first three races of a season has won the championship, but it is still a fairly long season.

Return to “General Discussion”