OT: Bullet Proof Foam

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

desicat

OT: Bullet Proof Foam

Post by desicat »

Macclan5

RE: OT: Bullet Proof Foam

Post by Macclan5 »

Thanks [:)]

I find this stuff incredibly interesting.

Materials Science (I believe) will be the next driver of growth in the world economy.

It is the area with the greatest potential for innovation.

It is "demand and supply focused" ; it is not useless or trivial lifestyle innovations such as an "app" that tracks your "beer intake".

A current Cell Phone probably has 200 different material components (approx) in it including Silver Nitrate and other hazardous materials.

Then you come up with "Graphene".

Imagine a manufacturing process that eliminates 100 of the 200 materials required to make a stupid IPhone / Galaxy? Graphene that replaces a dozen hazardous materials ?

Imagine the cost savings and material handling reductions / margin improvements.

Imagine the quality improvements because there are fewer materials to integrate into a design.

Disclaimer: I complete Economics research for a large Canadian Financial Institution.

I am not offering investment advice nor promoting representing any recommended portfolio strategy.

Caveat Emptor.

A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
desicat

RE: OT: Bullet Proof Foam

Post by desicat »

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

Thanks [:)]

I find this stuff incredibly interesting.

Materials Science (I believe) will be the next driver of growth in the world economy.

It is the area with the greatest potential for innovation.

It is "demand and supply focused" ; it is not useless or trivial lifestyle innovations such as an "app" that tracks your "beer intake".

A current Cell Phone probably has 200 different material components (approx) in it including Silver Nitrate and other hazardous materials.

Then you come up with "Graphene".

Imagine a manufacturing process that eliminates 100 of the 200 materials required to make a stupid IPhone / Galaxy? Graphene that replaces a dozen hazardous materials ?

Imagine the cost savings and material handling reductions / margin improvements.

Imagine the quality improvements because there are fewer materials to integrate into a design.

Disclaimer: I complete Economics research for a large Canadian Financial Institution.

I am not offering investment advice nor promoting representing any recommended portfolio strategy.

Caveat Emptor.

I too find it interesting. Ground combat is changing radically with smart bullets, drones, and personal protective equipment. Add in mechanized and robotic assist ground units and radical change will continue apace.

Composites and foams will make aerospace and space travel more accessible - the future in this type of engineering continues to explode - and save lives.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”