What Are the Chances!!!

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

PeteGarnett

What Are the Chances!!!

Post by PeteGarnett »

Enjoying playing Global War v great opponent & Barbie v a new player.

However, I thought for a change that I would set up a new solo game & went for mid war Brute Force scenario.
Made great progress with setting up every major power & then got to the last one Germany.
For Libya you get Rommel HQ-A plus one ART.

..... & I drew the railway art which cannot set up in Libya as there is no railway. Now I can't figure out how to get past it as I saved after scrap but before placing the land units.

Only a single rail art in the force pool & even then only Libya where you could not place it [:(]

Any ideas how to get past this? Appreciate that I'm clucking at straws but thought I would ask anyway.
Courtenay

RE: What Are the Chances!!!

Post by Courtenay »

ORIGINAL: PeteGarnett

Enjoying playing Global War v great opponent & Barbie v a new player.

However, I thought for a change that I would set up a new solo game & went for mid war Brute Force scenario.
Made great progress with setting up every major power & then got to the last one Germany.
For Libya you get Rommel HQ-A plus one ART.

..... & I drew the railway art which cannot set up in Libya as there is no railway. Now I can't figure out how to get past it as I saved after scrap but before placing the land units.

Only a single rail art in the force pool & even then only Libya where you could not place it [:(]

Any ideas how to get past this? Appreciate that I'm clucking at straws but thought I would ask anyway.
First, are you using autosaves? Everyone should, and you should have some useful autosave to get back to.

Secondly, it should be legal to place the railway gun in a coastal hex. It is not very useful there, but it should be legal. You may transport the railway gun by sea, and unload it in a coastal hex. If one can not place the RR-ART in a coastal hex, that is a bug. Please let us know if that is the case.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Secondly, it should be legal to place the railway gun in a coastal hex. It is not very useful there, but it should be legal. You may transport the railway gun by sea, and unload it in a coastal hex. If one can not place the RR-ART in a coastal hex, that is a bug. Please let us know if that is the case.

He means he has picked that unit specifically to be deployed in Lybia, which has no rail hexes.
It sort of means he has to reload and redo the German setup.
PeteGarnett

Post by PeteGarnett »

Yeah it has to be a rail hex of which there are none in Libya.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Reload your autosave for Setup-Germany and try til you get a non rail arty!
Orm

Post by Orm »

This should be listed as a bug.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I just added some code to check for this case and keep drawing artillery units until one other than the railway gun is drawn.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
PeteGarnett

Post by PeteGarnett »

Thanks

Return to “World in Flames”