Crash Every 1-3 turns...

TheGrayMouser

Crash Every 1-3 turns...

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Hello, latest patched installed, on Windows 10

Game crashes after I hit end turn, on 1-3 turns in, tried several scenarios and main campaign:

Critical Error:Profiler.DLog Error assessing file
zakblood

RE: Crash Every 1-3 turns...

Post by zakblood »

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
TheGrayMouser

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Thanks
I u/l the dxduag

(I'm on Windows 10 BTW)

not using any TP antivirus

if you mean run game in admin mode, I tried that with same results ( when I mean I tried that I right clicked on the executable and then selected "run as administrator in the tab...)

Strange error message, it almost implies that the program cannot "write", yet there are saved game files generated so....
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(61.09 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

vga slightly old, but not by much Driver Date/Size: 8/14/2015

audio drivers are old, Realtek High Definition Audio 6/12/2012 (was this a upgrade or fresh install) as a fresh install dates them at 2015 on mine

error codes,

GFExperience.exe (video card driver error)
MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe (windows 10 browser error)
AcroRd32.exe (he Acrobat.exe or Acrord32.exe process remains in Task Manager after you view a PDF file in the web browser.)
TYW.exe (game crash)
NvBackend.exe (video card driver error)
Chakra is a JavaScript engine error

so more than a few issues, mostly fixable with updates, video driver first, then install only the driver, for me it's best to uninstall Nvidia software first, then only install the drivers, not all the junk that comes with it, if it doesn't let you, that's fine, install and reboot and then uninstall the apps that's not needed, which imo is all except drivers only.

good luck
TheGrayMouser

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Appreciate it but I don't think I'm going to do any of those things.

Nvidia is forcing one to use their "experiance app" to get drivers, I cant even find Windows 10 drivers for my card on their website so ... Their latest 1 month old driver appears to cater to VR gaming and also has been known to be buggy so I will hold off

Java.. I am updated and not sure what a chakra error has to do with this crash .., nor an adobe reader error..

Microsoft Edge is Windows 10 default browser and my understanding is its still in development so bound to have errors...

this appear to be a known issue with at least some users have w ageod games
tm.asp?m=3523659
There appears to have been no reported solution either...
There is also no info on that error except something I found a French website so this seems very limited to this engine... (you can usually find SOMETHING an the web haha)

I rebooted and loaded a save game and have managed 5 turns without a crash so go figure....

Again, appreciate your help, I will proceed with fingers crossed that this was a weirdo 1 time oddity that a reboot fixed. I have to say though, this engine just give one the feeling it is unstable as hell, I mean the splash screen looks like its in some sort of debug mode....

Cheers!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i just manual close stuff in windows 10 if it causes errors with a certain game, task manager then close app or process, try that on the NvBackend.exe, as it's an add on for your card driver that's also does nothing, like most of the junk now that comes with most drivers, glad it working better for you, fingers crossed it keeps that way
xj900uk

Post by xj900uk »

The best advice I've ever seen on any forum is not to play the AGEOD engine on Windows 10 if you can possibly help it, because of the random but frequent problems which always seem to revolve around user permissions and the dreaded :

Critical Error:Profiler.DLog Error assessing file

And never, ever under any circumstances run AGEOD on Steam and Windows 10. Never.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i run all my Ageod games on windows 10 without issues and also on steam
laramieela

Post by laramieela »

Hi guys - watching this I think the simple solution is to run the game in administrative mode. This allows the game to run as designed. Windows 10 plus take away the default that the owner is the admin.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

I don't know if this is still a problem for you. Starting with Windows 7 onward, Microsoft O/S' have pretty much put hard limits on who can write to the Program Files folders. Even using admin privileges can sometimes produce wonky behavior.

I install all of my Matrix games in a separate folder that isn't under Program Files. On my W7 machine the path is C:\Matrix Games and on my two WX machines it is D:\Matrix Games. By doing so I can generally run these games without using admin privileges.

I have almost all of the Ageod titles and have played them extensively without any issues.

So if you have your game under Program Files, which IIRC is the installer default, I'd strongly recommend that you reinstall it elsewhere.

HTH
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

Return to “Tech Support”