Stacking BGs/attacks from different locations

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
Kojusoki

Stacking BGs/attacks from different locations

Post by Kojusoki »

Hi,
There is something that was really cool in LSA, but Devs removed it in PitF: stacking BGs and attacking (at the same battle) from 2 directions - is it back again in GtC?

Michal
Tejszd

RE: Stacking BGs/attacks from different locations

Post by Tejszd »

No unfortunately....

Based on previous posts asking why the response was it was confusing for players so instead of making it easier or writing better documentation it was removed....
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

ya...gotta love that..my god. Confusing?? LOL...I love that answer matrix gave. NOT.
I never saw one post ...ever..that said players couldn't figure out how to use the LSA options.
we'll just take it out after CC players having been asking for that option for years. ??????????
that's why LSA is one of the best CC's out there. and LSA GJS Mod is so awesome too.
GWTC fails in a few categorys IMO
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

You can make a phantom attack with a second BG in that if it arrives via a different map than the frontline BG it will be given a deploy zone but no units to deploy. Teams from the frontline BG cant be deployed in a reserve BG's zone until the second battle after it arrives unless the reserve BG's deploy zone is adjacent to the frontline BG's. Possible to have 4 BGs enter a map simultaneously with a phantom zone for each side.

The PITF/GTC manuals display the better part of valor by avoiding description of the various possible deploy zone permutations involved with BGs coming and going on a contested map.

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”