GrogHeads Cental Command at Origins 2016

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

bayonetbrant

GrogHeads Cental Command at Origins 2016

Post by bayonetbrant »

The GrogHeads Central Command will be back at Origins this year running wargame-specific events in the main gaming hall in our own dedicated area. We've got a bunch of great partner companies we're working with.

here's the 3 main days that have most of the events

there's more detail about the events on the grids, as well as some questions answered, over here http://grogheads.com/?p=10420

more detail about the Command Post Wargaming events here http://grogheads.com/?p=4346
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant
Editorial director ~ www.armchairdragoons.com
Host/Producter ~ Mentioned in Dispatches podcast
All around awesome dude & more handsome than I deserve to be with such a sparkling personality

bayonetbrant

RE: GrogHeads Cental Command at Origins 2016

Post by bayonetbrant »

The Command Post Wargame events are run with Flashpoint Campaigns, and occasionally Battles From The Bulge
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant
All around awesome dude & more handsome than I deserve to be with such a sparkling personality

wings7

Post by wings7 »

Sounds great! [:)] I'm going to try to make it this year!
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

There's that word again. "LnL Tactical" Is that gonna be the digital version or pc or both?
bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

There's that word again. "LnL Tactical" Is that gonna be the digital version or pc or both?

Origins is primarily tabletop gaming; everything is hex-and-counter-and-cardboard. Or pewter :D

The only digital games we use are FPC/BftB for the Command Post Wargames, but the players never even touch a computer during the game - they're waaaaaaay too busy!
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant

bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

FWIW - if you follow the link at the bottom of the post to the full-on detail discussion of what's happening at Origins, it's pretty obvious we're talking tabletop.
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant

balto

Post by balto »

A couple of things; (1) I wish Origins was in my area Mid-Atlantic. I go to Historicon and Fall In and Cold Wars on the east coast. (2) Sergeants has been abandoned in my area, kind of pissed. Now I see it is at Origins, so I guess this is good considering I invested a couple hundred $$$s in Sergeants. (3) I also checked the website for Lost Battalions Games, nothing about Rally Around the Flag being released and nothing about the vehicles in Sergeants. I think LBG sucks and their web page sucks.
bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

you're certainly not the first one to complain about communication from LBG.

In our discussions with them, they indicated that SMG - Hell on Wheels and Rally Round the Flag were the two they wanted to build their ticketed events around, and we've had a great working relationship with them at the show both of the past two years. They've really gone above and beyond to support the program at Origins.
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

When I went to LnL to look for Command Ops stuff I used "Digital games" and LnL Tactical came up on that page. So is it table top only (if so what is it doing in the digital section) of is it both or going to be both?
bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

When I went to LnL to look for Command Ops stuff I used "Digital games" and LnL Tactical came up on that page. So is it table top only (if so what is it doing in the digital section) of is it both or going to be both?

They might have a digital version in development; I honestly don't know. I do know that they've been releasing a truckload of tabletop LNLT games.
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Goto this link http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/ and then to "digital games "turn on get connected" on the front page (scroll down a little). Down over to the right is LnL Tactical under the digital games forums where Command Ops is. I just wanted to know because I'm interested but hate being misled if it isn't in production it shouldn't be there.
wodin

Post by wodin »

They have made the Stalingrad game which you can buy here. Also I think a Pacific tactical PC game is being developed. However this has nothong to do with COmmand Ops. Two totally seperate games.

The digital forum over at Lock N Load is then divided into seperate games. One of which is Command Ops, another is Lock N Load and then they have the Zombie game and I think something else.

LockNLoad started of as a boardgame several years ago as since LnL company was tkane over by a new owner it's getting re released under LockNLoad tactical. I suppose it has some new\tweaked rules.

Heroes of Stalingrad is a LockNLoad digital game.

LINK
bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

^^^
Well, there's a kernel of truth in there, but it's a longer story than I've got time to inclination to post here

aaatoysandmore,
C'mon down to Origins and we can fill you in over a beer. Or PM me.
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant

bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

Lots of coverage here
http://grogheads.com/?tag=origins
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant

wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: bayonetbrant

Lots of coverage here
http://grogheads.com/?tag=origins

Thanks for the update, I was not able to attend...[:(]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
wodin

Post by wodin »

"a kernel of truth"..suppose that's praise from you..hehe

Being bitter is unhealthy I find. I wish you peace.
ORIGINAL: bayonetbrant

^^^
Well, there's a kernel of truth in there, but it's a longer story than I've got time to inclination to post here

aaatoysandmore,
C'mon down to Origins and we can fill you in over a beer. Or PM me.
bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

Like I said, there's some accurate statements, and some inaccurate statements, but I'm honestly not that inclined to write out the entire story because (1) it'll take too long, and (2) I'm not going into behind-the-scenes details that my friends have divulged without first getting their permission

It's more laziness on my part than anything, but there's more to the story than is recounted above
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant

Return to “General Discussion”