New Dawn Research implementation

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

LJBurstyn

New Dawn Research implementation

Post by LJBurstyn »

I see tank--anti-infantry, tank--tank combat, and tank-tank mobility research. But I don't see how this research is implemented in the game..

I've research levels 1 thru 3 and have not see any changes to my tanks. How do these changes get implemented. I looked at the events and see the events but
they are all NO CHECK...which means they are not implemented or something calls the events. Does not seem to be a card or anything I can find.
Vic

RE: New Dawn Research implementation

Post by Vic »

They get implemented upon designing a new tank model!

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

ORIGINAL: Vic

They get implemented upon designing a new tank model!

best,
Vic

Exactly how do you do that? There is no card that I can find to implement a new tank model. I've researched new tanks but they are standard tanks.

bobarossa

Post by bobarossa »

Just left of the research button (on bottom right of screen) is the Model Design button. If you select Light Tank and create a new model (button on far right; costs some PP), you will get a new model tank with a new name. You can now produce this tank at your cities/factories. I think there is something about prototypes costing more but I'm not sure how many you have to build to get them to normal cost. Also, be aware that new models don't always turn out great. Sometimes the engineers just can't get things to work so your new tank may not have the characteristics you were hoping for.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

For a long time that button lead to an empty box. All the buttons on that screen led to nothing--the box was empty so I figured whatever it was for was not implemented. I discovered that NOW after I researched the tank improvements it is no longer blank. Now I can improve my tanks. Thanks for pointing out the correct location to improve the tanks. But I do have a question...perhaps this will be answered when I actually start producing the improved tanks...will the TOE automatically send these new tanks to the tank formations? Instead of the standard tanks? Will the new tanks be pickable for the TOE.

Anyway thanks for the answers.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”