Anyone playing on a Mac?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

bralex

Anyone playing on a Mac?

Post by bralex »

Considering picking this up despite its incomplete status - has anyone run under one of the Windows emulators on a Mac?

Cheers
Scott
juntoalmar

RE: Anyone playing on a Mac?

Post by juntoalmar »

Hi,
I have been playing for the last year on a MacBook with Snow Leopard & Paralels + Windows 7, and now in a MBP with latest OS version & parallels + Windows 10. No troubles. I could even move the virtual machine between the laptops without issues.

Obviously, I can't compare to play in a Windows native machine.
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

I run the game on a Retina McBook Pro 13", running Win10 under VMware Fusion. MWIF runs beautifully, even if the screen real estate is limited to the point of unplayability [:(]

My main gaming rig is a PC with both a 28" and a 24" monitor. I really don't know how I could play this game without a second monitor: I got a bad habit, I guess...
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
CanInf

Post by CanInf »

I just use Boot camp and have a PC side to my mac with Windows 7. No real estate loss, and runs natively. It's on a 27 inch 5K screen which is nice...
bralex

Post by bralex »

Great, thanks.

Return to “World in Flames”