High Marks For Matrix Forums General Discussion

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

z1812

High Marks For Matrix Forums General Discussion

Post by z1812 »

It is nice to see a company that is not paranoid about other games or products being mentioned and discussed on their site.

At the moment there are discussions about HPS and Battlefront games among others.

It is refreshing to have this type openness on a forum. It is good business sense as well. If a person comes here to post, it would seem inevitable that sooner or later they will buy a game.
wings7

RE: High Marks For Matrix Forums General Discussion

Post by wings7 »

I agree with your comments John! This is one, if not the best, gaming General Discussion forums online! [:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Yeah,k it used to be a "Wargaming site" Now, it has become a commercial.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

warspite1

What are you whittering on about? It still is a wargaming site [8|]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Not in my eyes anymore. It's just a commercial and a forum that exploits women. I'm pretty sure it has turned away a lot of female buyers with your thread on the front page.
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

warspite1

Yup, also this is a company right ? And companies are commercial per definition.

I agree with the OP [:)]
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Read rule #4 of the registration process. Apparently many can't read or didn't read it. [:'(]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Not in my eyes anymore. It's just a commercial and a forum that exploits women. I'm pretty sure it has turned away a lot of female buyers with your thread on the front page.
warspite1

So what are you still doing here? Bye.

By the way, the sentence in bold - makes you sound kind of sad, like you are trying to be some kind of right on trendy. There is nothing exploitative in what is posted. There are no pictures posted that would not be seen in a womans magazine. Get over yourself.

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

warspite1

warspite1

By the way, the sentence in bold - makes you sound kind of sad, like you are trying to be some kind of right on trendy. There is nothing exploitative in what is posted. There are no pictures posted that would not be seen in a womans magazine. Get over yourself.

I like YOU will post whatever I like (within the rules) whenever I like an as much as I like. I'll give my opinion as much as I like and their is nothing YOU can do about it. [:'(]

By the way "exploitation" doesn't mean a woman has to be naked.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

I like YOU will post whatever I like (within the rules) whenever I like an as much as I like. I'll give my opinion as much as I like and their is nothing YOU can do about it. [:'(]
warspite1

Well there is no argument there - I am just a little surprised you would want to post in such a hideous commercial environment that no longer has anything to do with wargaming and everything to do with chaining women to the kitchen sink.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

warspite1

I repeat, What are you whittering on about? Please tell me which of those pictures are exploitative? Most are publicity shots, red carpet photos, film shots etc. Commenting upon, and admiring the beauty of, the female form is not exploitation.

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

warspite1

warspite1

Well there is no argument there - I am just a little surprised you would want to post in such a hideous commercial environment that no longer has anything to do with wargaming and everything to do with chaining women to the kitchen sink.

Possibly for "Change" [;)]

Where I want to post is none of your business. But, post I will and continue to give my "opinion" of the way the forum is going. It's called "feedback" I'm sure Matrixgames/Slitherine will be interested in it whether YOU or anyone else is. [;)]

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Possibly for "Change" [;)]

Where I want to post is none of your business. But, post I will and continue to give my "opinion" of the way the forum is going. It's called "feedback" I'm sure Matrixgames/Slitherine will be interested in it whether YOU or anyone else is. [;)]
warspite1

Right....

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

warspite1

warspite1

I repeat, What are you whittering on about? Please tell me which of those pictures are exploitative? Most are publicity shots, red carpet photos, film shots etc. Commenting upon, and admiring the beauty of, the female form is not exploitation.

Women are oftentimes considered objects instead of subjects. Objects are considered passive and something that is being acted upon.

Women being objectified creates social stereotypes for both men and women which also creates unhealthy social attitudes

The most often criticized aspect of the use of women in mass media is sexual objectification

You even admit those pictures come from mass media outlets. [:D]
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Also, are the women you post in that thread ALL Australian?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Women are oftentimes considered objects instead of subjects. Objects are considered passive and something that is being acted upon.

Women being objectified creates social stereotypes for both men and women which also creates unhealthy social attitudes

The most often criticized aspect of the use of women in mass media is sexual objectification

You even admit those pictures come from mass media outlets. [:D]
warspite1

Did you write that with a straight face?

So when the multi-million dollar earning Ms Actress stands on the red carpet, looking a $m dollars, before the Oscars or before an opening night, and she smiles and poses for the camera, in reality she is being objectified and she is crying inside at the humiliation of it all?

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Yes. Every single one. Well, except for the ones from the USA.... or the UK... or France... or er... anywhere else really? Why?

wings7

Post by wings7 »

Always moaning and complaining, you must enjoy being miserable!...gaming and life is great!
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

warspite1

Yes. Every single one. Well, except for the ones from the USA.... or the UK... or France... or er... anywhere else really? Why?

Because it throws your whole thread title OFF TOPIC. You went from photo's of Australian females to any female you like and wish to subject.

Please, really though, don't try to act all COY now. You know what you are doing and it's pretty obvious to those with eyes.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Because it throws your whole thread title OFF TOPIC. You went from photo's of Australian females to any female you like and wish to subject.
warspite1

aaatoysandmore I genuinely don't know if you are trying to prove a point or a really vexed by this?

But either way, allow me to explain:

- Who cares?
- The thread started as a bit of light hearted fun and kind of mushroomed as it was clearly a hit with many people (even though many wont be seen to post there). The name stuck.
- We've had women, WWII ships, more women, WWII aircraft, er...more women and cars featured. But the thread title remains the same.
- It's just a bit of harmless fun. Nothing for anyone to get upset about (Matrix are the judge of that) and no reason to believe its existence for the last 4 years will cause Matrix to go bankrupt despite your obvious concerns.

Return to “General Discussion”