Other Nations Units for Scen Creation

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

anthonykevinluke

Other Nations Units for Scen Creation

Post by anthonykevinluke »

Hi, unless I am missing something; when will there be other nations included in the editor so as to create Scenarios/OOB with Poles, Norwegians, Dutch, Belgium, French, Italian UK, US etc etc ...... My quick look at the editor revealed only German and Russian, is this correct?

Cheers,

Tony
DoubleDeuce

RE: Other Nations Units for Scen Creation

Post by DoubleDeuce »

There are currently only German, Russian, US and UK units and equipment available. No word yet on if/when other nations will be added.
anthonykevinluke

OK, thanks; found how to get US and UK units but am really hoping that they create OOB for the other minor and Major powers. I'd be happy to pay for a DLC that had all those extra countries.

Cheers,

Tony
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Until if or when that happens, just like we had to do back in the early days of ASL, you can probably use the British 2nd Line Infantry for many of the Allied Minors such as the Dutch, Norwegians, Belgians, Greeks and Polish while Russians can fill in for Partisans.
anthonykevinluke

Aye, you read my mind ... I remember doing the same, many, many years ago! Did you ever establish a rule of thumb ratio for Leaders and Spt wpns in relation to the number of squads? I am considering doing some scenario's up but always wonder about the ratio's of leaders and spt wpns, or even a points balance for attack vs defend, advance, meeting engagement etc.

Cheers,

Tony
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

For Leader and SW ratios I use my ASL Rulebook. For balancing scenarios I guess you could use the DYO stuff in the ASL Rulebook but I usually just come up with an idea then build it out in the game, playtesting from both sides as I go. Coming up with the Victory Point formula is probably the hardest part.
anthonykevinluke

unfortunately I gave all my old ASL board games away long ago ... idiot that I was! Looked at the price of the ASL second edition rules and that was a nasty surprise .... I may just have to rely on common sense and guess work.

Cheers,

Tony
UP844

Post by UP844 »

ORIGINAL: tony luke

unfortunately I gave all my old ASL board games away long ago ... idiot that I was!

Me too... [:(].

I have been prowling the Internet looking at least for the DYO chapter H tables.
So far I only managed to find the Leader Generation numbers (German: 4, British: 5, U.S.: 5.5, Russians 8) but no indication about their use, and no SW allocation numbers.
On the other hand, I found a complete DYO table for Allied Minors: it's a pity it's useless [:D].
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
anthonykevinluke

Hi UP844, yeah -I have been searching the net and found the same thing. Was hoping to get these ratio's (leaders/spt wpns) and then play a self created scenario one at a time and carry the same force forward through the war. Dead units would be replaced with green units and others may gain experience as they go .... Unless some kind ASL 2nd Edition soul donates the info (large hint dear readers!) I will just have to use best judgement.

Cheers,

Tony
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

You can also use this WWII Orders of Battle and Organizations website for reference and finagle it from there.

For example, a Soviet Rifle Company shows the following;

[center]Soviet Army
22 June 1941
Rifle Company, Rifle Battalion, Rifle Regiment, Rifle Division

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [/center]

anthonykevinluke

Aye, but in reality, for instance, every german section has an LMG and you could not do that in the game without a massive imbalance in the amount of spt wpns. thinking maybe 1 in every 3 ... maybe.

Cheers,

Tony
UP844

Post by UP844 »

According to the designer's note of the original Squad Leader, each squad has a "built-in" LMG already factored in its inherent firepower, and LMG SW counters represent extra weapons beyond those envisaged in the official TO&E. I suppose this choice was also made to avoid having two counters to represent every single squad [:D] (a similar choice was made later with inherent PFs). The LMG will provide most of the squad firepower, anyway.

As a rule, veteran units usually had more than their "standard" allotment of SW. The extra weapons were retained by claiming they were "non-repairable" or "lost in action" and requesting their replacement.

Siegfried Sassoon

anthonykevinluke

Ok, that makes perfect sense that each squad has an inherent LMG built in as standard, thanks for the info. Therefore, you could use an appropriate OOB and just add Coy spt weapons as appropriate for that nation and era. Another good source of finding what is in a coy is the encyclopaedia included in Steel Panthers current build .... has just about every nation in WWII and builds most up to at least Coy strength.

Cheers,

Tony
UP844

Post by UP844 »

I have a book contaning a copy of the original German TO&E tables for a couple German Infantry Divisions (385th and 387th) involved in the early 1943 Russian Ostrogosk-Rossosch offensive together with the Italian Alpine Corps. Both of them were badly depleted (two weak battalions per regiment) after prolonged combat and are considered as second-line units by the Germans. The table (once you decipher the German symbology [8|])shows a number of machineguns (and other support weapons) that is quite close to the official allotment. So, even if these units were weak in manpower, firepower was much less unaffected. In TotH terms, they would have fewer squads, but with many extra MGs.

Siegfried Sassoon

genesismwt

Post by genesismwt »

To go along with what UP844 stated,German rifle squads were built around an LMG. That's why ASL gave the German 4-6-7 & 4-6-8 squads ranges of 6 and spraying fire, yet are considered rifle squads. In the name of historical accuracy, they will have more MG's than any other nationality, but make sure it is taken into account each 1st line and elite (in Toth terms) squad will inherently have one MG making up the firepower of the undermanned squad. If anyone has ever played Up Front, Avalon Hill has eight man German squads, 15 man Russian squads, 12 man American squads and 10 man British squads.

That's my two cents,
The game is afoot!

Mike

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”