OT:How Embarassing!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

OT:How Embarassing!

Post by Footslogger »

Gents have a look at this article.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-a- ... &ocid=iehp

Might as well say made in China on it with a pink paint job!

Sorry for the rant.
geofflambert

RE: OT:How Embarassing!

Post by geofflambert »

We need to bring manufacturing back to the US of anything going into our ships and planes. Let them (factories) operate at a loss on the government's dime. Also, we've gone way low on skills and knowledge in metallurgy. That really has to be fixed.

Revthought

Post by Revthought »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

We need to bring manufacturing back to the US of anything going into our ships and planes. Let them (factories) operate at a loss on the government's dime. Also, we've gone way low on skills and knowledge in metallurgy. That really has to be fixed.

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of how Capitalism works in there somewhere. [:)][:)]
Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Revthought

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of how Capitalism works in there somewhere. [:)][:)]
warspite1

Yes. I think its called Communism [:)].
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

To my mind it makes perfect sense for the defense of your nation to get contracted out to a foreign group that made the lowest bid that met specifications.

The free market can solve any problem! Haven't the past few years shown us just that?

/s
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: mind_messing

To my mind it makes perfect sense for the defense of your nation to get contracted out to a foreign group that made the lowest bid that met specifications.

The free market can solve any problem! Haven't the past few years shown us just that?

/s

There is not one post in this thread that is correct or logical.
The Moose
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

/s

warspite1

And there's another one [8|]

Some posts were not meant to be "correct" or "logical" - some were light-hearted, not that you would understand the difference.

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

/s

warspite1

Some posts were not meant to be "correct" or "logical" - some were light-hearted, not that you would understand the difference.

Fuck off
The Moose
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Fuck off
warspite1

Ohhh I say! [X(]

paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Goddamnit you two. Act like adults.
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

warspite1

Fuck off

I read the article linked in the OP and thought "If there's anything on the forum that's going to get Bullwinkle's hackles up, it's going to be in this thread."

In the good old days when Symon still wandered the forum, I got pretty good at predicting in which threads the meltdowns would occur.
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

I read the article linked in the OP and thought "If there's anything on the forum that's going to get Bullwinkle's hackles up, it's going to be in this thread."

As someone not familiar with your insider stuff, I cannot find much reason why such "meltdown" or "hackles up" would occur. But I am a curious person, perhaps someone can explain [:(]

Also I wanna point out the perception that eg. Chinese stuff is always bad, as outdated meanwhile. Actually much of their stuff works due to their good job of copying western stuff (eg. German,Japanese cars & machinery). Now they have also good cars but much cheaper than the western ones...[8D] As example...
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Fuck off

In the good old days when Symon still wandered the forum, I got pretty good at predicting in which threads the meltdowns would occur.
warspite1

Yes but in the "good old days" as you call them it would not just be Mr pottymouth telling me to F-off (I didn't realise that if you actually type in the word, although it comes out as asterisks on the forum, the recipient actually sees the word used - nice!) we would have got an altogether more "entertaining" response [8|].

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Revthought

Yeah, just reread that. What I meant was have the govt. pay the lowest price for made in US, import mfg goods not permitted.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

/s

Have I ever said anything correct or logical? Please give me a hard time if I ever do.
warspite1

Have I ever said anything correct or logical? Please give me a hard time if I ever do.

See? I can't even do a post quote correctly. [8|]

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

Goddamnit you two. Act like adults.

What's with the correct spelling of a non-existent word? It's goddammit goddammit! [:-]

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Yeah, remember "the good old days" when Japanese stuff was crap? After that it changed to Hong Kong. After that it changed to South Korea.

RichMunn

Post by RichMunn »

A town in Wales is about to go completely bust.

Cheap Chinese steel has killed off Port Talbot in all likelihood, after British steelmaking (the very best)could not live with the market. Encouraged by our Government, who did nothing to protect our manufacturing industry and have not done so in the last 40 years, the market is all Chinese.

[:@]
RichMunn
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: RichMunn

A town in Wales is about to go completely bust.

Cheap Chinese steel has killed off Port Talbot in all likelihood, after British steelmaking (the very best)could not live with the market. Encouraged by our Government, who did nothing to protect our manufacturing industry and have not done so in the last 40 years, the market is all Chinese.

[:@]

Well your gov (among others) considers that Banksters are more important (probably cause they pay them more than plain good ole production industry) [:(]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”