Grand Campain Force Settings

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
Von Gruber

Grand Campain Force Settings

Post by Von Gruber »

Posted this in the war room by mistake....anyhow:
Recommended settings for an old hand that hasn't played in a while?

Right assuming both are set to "line"....this is relatively historically accurate.....but as the AI isn't perfect and you need more of a challenge...so if I am allies and I set allies to veteran,,,the allies will have slightly less forces than historical norms correct?.

So if I wanted the enemy...the Germans to be stronger force and present more of a challenge than "line"....would I set them to veteran or green?
newts2339

RE: Grand Campain Force Settings

Post by newts2339 »

That would be GREEN to get more forces and higher morale is the way the manual reads.
Michael H Steil
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Schmal Turm is correct -- higher difficulty (Above Line) means that side gets less units and fewer rare units. Lower difficulty means that side gets more/better units.

Steve
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

in a H2H game you need to set the germans on vet and the allies line or you will never get past cheux as the allied player.

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”