New scenario pack releases

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

RE: New scenario pack releases

Post by Mgellis »

If I am counting them correctly (40 scenarios released with the game + 15 scenarios with Northern Inferno + 317 scenarios listed on Steam), the total number of released scenarios is 372. Wow! [:)]
Sator

Post by Sator »

As I started the scenario "Uncle Mark's Tutorials #6 - Toledo Hits 'Em Hard, 2004" from the new scanario pack I received this warning:

Command v. 1.11 - Build 809.
Attachments
Senzatitolo13.jpg
Senzatitolo13.jpg (912.05 KiB) Viewed 245 times
Per aspera ad astra.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

I probably just need to move the reference points around a bit so the polygon works properly. I'll take a look at it and post a new version once I figure out what needs to be done. Thanks!
ORIGINAL: Sator

As I started the scenario "Uncle Mark's Tutorials #6 - Toledo Hits 'Em Hard, 2004" from the new scanario pack I received this warning:

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

A number of scenarios have this problem. I was about to run thru the latest pack and note the ones with the bad polygons; would you like me to proceed and send you a list of them??
Michael
Reg

Post by Reg »

Yes that's exactly the problem. Only took a few minutes to fix my copy of the scenario above by rearranging points with the editor. [:)]

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Here is a list of scenarios from pack 31 which have a polygon issue - used pack spreadsheet and added an issue column. I didn't analyse each one to see if it was bad or not, just that it got the error on starting up.
Plus 2 scenarios don't seem to want to load on my PC - Facing the Bear and Kingdom Come.
And some of the latest 'Uncle' Tutorials are missing - they are still in the spreadsheet.
ORIGINAL: Mgellis

I probably just need to move the reference points around a bit so the polygon works properly. I'll take a look at it and post a new version once I figure out what needs to be done. Thanks!
ORIGINAL: Sator

Attachments
CommandCom..e031poly.zip
(21.66 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Michael
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

Thanks, I'll take a look and see what's on.
'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

OK, I've seen the problem with the polys, I will fix it.
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

All of the Northern Fury are having this issue, magi pointed it out to me a couple weeks ago. The main problem is the way I set up some support missions - to ensure they triggered a 'remain in area' event - I deliberately crossed many of the support mission Polys when originally designed, thought I was being clever [:'(]. See clip. Have tried to simply un-cross them but this sometimes caused other issues. I'll need to spend some time and do a walk-through of each one which I'll get to when I can.

There may be other issues but that is the most prevalent and it should not affect play, and I doubt it affects computing efficiency but don't really know on that one.

Edit: another issue is using the same Ref point for two missions. Will get those in the same sweep up.

Will get to them when I can, thanks

B

Attachments
Crosspoly.jpg
Crosspoly.jpg (9.66 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

In most cases I've seen the problem was the author intented to do a box but they finally created something different, I'm fixing those cases; for what I've seen in your scenarios with the support mission Gunner98 I'll wait for you to fix it, I don't want to create other issues changing this.

HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

I love the selection of new scenarios, but ill wait till v1.11 has its final release before I download these new ones.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I can't load 2 scenario - Kingdom Come and Facing the Bear - but I can pull them down from the Workshop and run them. Is there something corrupted with them???
Michael
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

I'm running into a problem with 'Littoral Mission - Cebu Strait':

Whenever I try to play it, I select it in the mission list, press 'Load Selected', and nothing really happens. (The menu 'flashes' slightly, but then returns as if nothing had happened).

I'm running CMANO 1.10, build 775.17.

Other missions seem to be loading ok.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

That mission in Pack 31 was updated to the latest DB (442) which comes with the 1.11 version
Michael
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

ORIGINAL: michaelm
That mission in Pack 31 was updated to the latest DB (442) which comes with the 1.11 version

I suspected that might be the problem. I'll try it again once the update hits Steam. Cheers!
britfreek

Post by britfreek »

Uncle Mark's Tutorials #6 - Toledo Hits 'Em Hard, 2004

This easy to fix. In editor change side to Pakistan and select Mission=Ref Points - No Nav Zones and remove RP-354 from the list.

Then in the mission editor select the AEW mission and move RP-281 eastwards until it has crossed the north/south mission leg.

Save and all will be well
Rene Descartes. I drink therefore I am. There was an error in the original translation from the French.
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

ORIGINAL: Meroka37

In most cases I've seen the problem was the author intented to do a box but they finally created something different, I'm fixing those cases; for what I've seen in your scenarios with the support mission Gunner98 I'll wait for you to fix it, I don't want to create other issues changing this.

Ok Miguel, all the fixes to the Northern Fury scenarios made and they should be ready to role in that reguard, the early ones were much more messed up than the latest in the bunch. I may have a couple more minor fixes in the next day or so based on a report I just received.

The Ref point fixes were easier than anticipated, the new feature that shows the trigger and action areas is a great help.

Thanks for coordinating all this. Back to building!

Bart

Bart
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

ORIGINAL: Meroka37

Ok Miguel, all the fixes to the Northern Fury scenarios made and they should be ready to role in that reguard, the early ones were much more messed up than the latest in the bunch. I may have a couple more minor fixes in the next day or so based on a report I just received.

The Ref point fixes were easier than anticipated, the new feature that shows the trigger and action areas is a great help.

Thanks for coordinating all this. Back to building!

Bart

Bart

Thanks Bart, with your scenarios fixed all polygon error messages has been already solved in the package scenarios.
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

I myself just tried loading Uncle Marks Tutorial 6 and it just kind of flashed briefly and then nothing happened, like what ColonelMolerat had experienced with those other scenarios- but i see this must be due to me running v1.10 still so it should load fine with v1.11 final.

One other thing- is it just me or was there more than just those 26 scenarios that were added in that last pack? i swear i'm seeing scenarios that i never noticed before that aren't included in the latest pack such as Changjiang Strike 2016. Maybe they just didnt catch my eye before seeing as theres' so many...
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

The scenario "The Bridges at Toko-Ri" was also omitted from Community Scenario Pack #31 but was included in the previous pack.

-C

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”