Newbee ?s.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: doomtrader

hbrsvl

Newbee ?s.

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi-Is this game valid? In looking over the Tech Support area ands the rest, it would seem this is a dead game? Can I get any support? I can't get past the first half of the first topic in the intro. I feel like I've been had. Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
wga8888

RE: Newbee ?s.

Post by wga8888 »

I have tried to run it on two xp machines so far without success. Tutorials stall out after a few screens and become non-responsive; you cannot click on the link within the red circle. I thought it was just me. I plan to try it on a 3rd computer but the two two (desktop & laptop) are my main ones. Have not tried to start a game as cant get through the tutorials so I know what I am doing.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

lets see if we can help

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
1johnnyyuma

Post by 1johnnyyuma »

Re: Strategic War In Europe. Going through the tutorials, when I get to buying units and am ask to go through levels of a unit (that has only 3 levels) when I click on level 3, level 4 becomes circled and everything freezes up.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(65.66 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
wga8888

Post by wga8888 »

Any tutorials I try freeze up leaving, my only option is to quit the application. I do not think this program actually works. The only forum post I found was from 2005 stating essentially the same thing. I tried it on two XP machines, consistent with the early 2000 publication date. I have not tried it on a newer Windows 10 machine.

I just considered it a loss of the $5 spent on the 2015 MatrixGames Winter sale.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]

Return to “Tech Support”