Battlefront Demo Out Final Blitzkrieg

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Battlefront Demo Out Final Blitzkrieg

Post by demyansk »

Okay guys demo is out on Final Blitzkrieg, download in a few minutes

http://battlefront.com/

wings7

RE: Battlefront Demo Out Final Blitzkrieg

Post by wings7 »

Awesome! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Ugh.

*Image of thousands of horny CM players sprinting towards BFC's little portal - and me at the end of the pack*

Drats!
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Great thanks for the tip........Yes cant refuse a CM game ( But will try to hold out )
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Neilster

Post by Neilster »

I had a quick play with it. It looks good. I was a huge fan of the first series but avoided Shock Force because of the negative reviews and lack of interest in the theatre (although they were prescient there and I believe it's been improved immensely).

I've been meaning to get into the second generation WW2 stuff and probably Black Sea too. At least I can get things bundled by waiting. As for their prices, as far as bang for the buck is concerned, compare it with just about any other form of entertainment. I still think it's a bargain.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

downloaded and installed, will give a opinion once played, ty[&o]

games got some good camera angles, but again in this and many other games for me i don't like map edges, seems in FPS and RPG they have the ability to make maps massive with some engines used while others are like this limited to a set size, yes this is just one of many in the game, and others are a lot larger, but it's the same for me, a square box, i'd like bigger maps, you can't compare with some game types but when i see the GF's lad playing on Grand Theft Auto and other games tbh, i feel the wargaming market as yet to really go on a large map spree and really push the boat out, the draw distance and the way it deals with certain angles also doesn't do it justice for me, seems old i'm sorry to say, effects and details are nice, overall i'd get it and add to the collection i already own, but just feel longing for a bit more of well everything, as nothing really new here either, new maps, new units, new missions in a different theatre, but it's not ground breaking or stands out much more imo than the others in the series.

but i won't knock it either, as like i've said many times before, i'll play and test anything, as they all need supporting as we don't get any younger and most newer players are of the same age as most of us.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (225.04 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (260.48 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (237.4 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

medium size map, load time 30 to 45 seconds on fast pc, draw setup set to max display, a few issues with refresh and draw being redone on the slightest mouse move

background and sun displayed gives a good feeling of atmosphere and also does draw shadows correctly, camera and lens flare are in on the highest settings.

buildings do go see through at times so you do see what's on the other side for a few seconds until screen redraws the whole image

for the size of the map, the amount of units here in this mission is low, and the skirmish mode doesn't work in the demo so can't try huge maps and max units size either so will have to wait on this, unit types and mix of ability to pick and chose is good, map terrain type and places to wage war is also very good
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (292.97 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (173.18 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (162.18 KiB) Viewed 250 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

map can look cluttered at time but i'm sure it can be toggled on and off (alt i)

what really puts me off is the draw refresh rate, the more i move, the more it really bothers me, as one slight mouse move makes the whole terrain refresh and redraw[:(]

will mess about with settings as it seems the game engine on max everything is maybe struggling as pc surly isn't[;)]
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (258.62 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

what really puts me off is the draw refresh rate, the more i move, the more it really bothers me, as one slight mouse move makes the whole terrain refresh and redraw[:(]

will mess about with settings as it seems the game engine on max everything is maybe struggling as pc surly isn't[;)]

I really love Battlefront and the Combat Mission games but their engine is junk and they're stuck in this classic wargame developer sunk cost fallacy where they've spent so much time making their own bespoke engine that runs incredibly slowly and has a terrible UI but does everything in a way they've decided that they won't accept it would be a much better decision to just rebuild everything using Unity.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

must admit Unity and others are the way forward now, so agree[;)]
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I have most of the games and the one thing I don't like is that it doesn't have the color boxes on the bottom of the unit. I liked them for gameplay
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

I find that with the CMx2 games you are much better off setting the graphics to "Improved" or at the most whatever is one notch higher than that. The way their engine works, if you set the graphics too high it throttles itself back automatically and you end up with everything redrawing all the time like you said. The quality isn't that much different between mid setting and max, so you are better off setting it lower to get a cleaner performance from the engine.

I'm right there with you regarding the engine. What REALLY drives me up the wall is that each game has it's own engine, that needs its own unique patch, even though they are all 99% the exact same thing. So now we end up with one game getting critical, game altering changes in a patch, but having to wait a year for those same fixes to be transferred over to the other titles. I really can't fathom the lack of foresight that led them down this road to having a dozen different iterations of the same engine. Instead of releasing a half dozen more "families" of games, they reboot and go with something like DCS World or Command Ops 2. Release a core engine that has a handful of scenarios for free, then sell factions, theaters, etc as modules. They could even contract out for third-party content just like DCS World. I brought this up over there once and Steve basically said he agreed but they were too committed to start over and do something like that.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I've never liked the icons above the heads of the units either. It's sooooo unrealistic. I think I can tell the difference between a german an american soldier and tank. I could accept colored bases like a green and a grey but the icons really spoil the game for me. The other thing has always been the horrible AI. It either just sits there and gets pounded by mortar and bombardments or charges over an open field when there are woods to both sides and get slaughtered. While the game looks fantastic for a minatures game it's just not a very good development of a wargame. Now, Panzer Command Osfront I can tolerate. The AI does some very remarkable things sometimes and overwhelms me. That's a good developed wargame.[:D]
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I've never liked the icons above the heads of the units either. It's sooooo unrealistic. I think I can tell the difference between a german an american soldier and tank. I could accept colored bases like a green and a grey but the icons really spoil the game for me. The other thing has always been the horrible AI. It either just sits there and gets pounded by mortar and bombardments or charges over an open field when there are woods to both sides and get slaughtered. While the game looks fantastic for a minatures game it's just not a very good development of a wargame. Now, Panzer Command Osfront I can tolerate. The AI does some very remarkable things sometimes and overwhelms me. That's a good developed wargame.[:D]

Good point, all points are right on, changing the engine all the times and it really turned me off with the Combat Mission Normandy, I bought the game for quite a price and then after all the costs, they come out with a upgrade 3.0 which I haven't bought. I purchased Red Thunder - never play it.

I really loved Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin (CMBB)and it's still one of the best games out there. It was easy to find the units and the write up on the scenario's was quite easy.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thing I like about CM series most is you can roll back the cameras and see who shot you. I had a problem installing PCO on Win10 machine, but might try it on Win7 rig.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Thing I like about CM series most is you can roll back the cameras and see who shot you. I had a problem installing PCO on Win10 machine, but might try it on Win7 rig.

Try this on install. Right Click the install icon before installing and using the compatibility mode XP if it has it. Otherwise use the oldest it allows you to.

I got many a game to work on Vista 64 this way that wouldn't otherwise install or play. Might work for you.

Boy, am I glad I never got on that upgrade train from XP. I pretty much had to take VISTA 64 when I bought my last computer in 2008. Man has it been a charm. I've listened and read the horror stories of Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1 and now Win 10 all along that time of games no longer installing or working. Matrix even had to make a compatibility list at the top of this forum.

What I've decided to do when Vista no longer will install or play the games I want it to will probably just discontinue my gaming online and buy a real cheap laptop for forums and chatting and email and browsing.

I see no need to keep riding the MUST upgrade train Bill Gates is establishing and from what I read more intrusive than any other before it. The HAVE to updates and whatnot. Big Brother is getting too Big for me and I ain't lettin him in no mo gaming wise that is. [:D]

A lot depends on the direction Matrixgames/Slitherine go. For the money or for the established customers they already have. The move to Steam was a shock to me but they did still keep their site open for purchases as well and no Steam activation or client required. Just wondering how long that's gonna last though.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I have PCO running on a Win10 system. I don't recall needing to do anything special, though possibly specifying where I wanted to install. What kind of problem did you run into?

You can also rewind the camera to just before a hit (or other event) by Ctrl clicking on the event in the Message Log window.

Thanks
rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore
What I've decided to do when Vista no longer will install or play the games I want it to will probably just discontinue my gaming online and buy a real cheap laptop for forums and chatting and email and browsing.
Keep your old machine for emails, forums and word processing. I still use my XP systems for that while I use my Vista for gaming and auto-CAD.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks gentlemen. Actually Win10 has been pretty good to me, although I have Win7 on this computer.

Anyway I stand corrected. Matrix PCO has rewinding and I loved modding that game. The game installed fine on Win10 but had continued crashing while playing it.

Was also nice of them to upgrade old buyers to the new Ostfront package. I think I'll download to Win7 and see how it goes.

[font="Times New Roman"][/font]Thanks Rick, it works great. My Win10 problems I'm sure are on my end. Game doesn't require a lot of horsepower I can see anyway - Win7, 2.4ghz, 3 ram, HD-4650 and scrolls quite fast.
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Thanks gentlemen. Actually Win10 has been pretty good to me, although I have Win7 on this computer.

Anyway I stand corrected. Matrix PCO has rewinding and I loved modding that game. The game installed fine on Win10 but had continued crashing while playing it.

Was also nice of them to upgrade old buyers to the new Ostfront package. I think I'll download to Win7 and see how it goes.

[font="Times New Roman"][/font]Thanks Rick, it works great. My Win10 problems I'm sure are on my end. Game doesn't require a lot of horsepower I can see anyway - Win7, 2.4ghz, 3 ram, HD-4650 and scrolls quite fast.

I have PCO running on Win 8.1 BUT I had to change the PC`s date format to MM/DD/YYYY
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Return to “General Discussion”