Command v1.11 Release Candidate (CURRENT: RC22 - B823)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

barkhorn45

RE: Command v1.11 Release Candidate (CURRENT: RC1 - B802)

Post by barkhorn45 »

running rc2 do I have to install rc3 then rc4 or are the comprehensive?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

No you should be fine with the latest.

Mike
barkhorn45

Post by barkhorn45 »

Thank's!
magi

Post by magi »

ORIGINAL: schweggy

I’ll chime in here, although I seldom post on forums or FB due to the trolls. I’ve been in the US Federal IT world for almost 30 years. I’ve worked for and with military professionals, academics (the worst), accountants, cartographers, and general US Government lackeys during this time. I have significant knowledge in how the Fed does IT, and, generally, it sucks. But I will say this; the folks involved in the development of Command are doing a stellar job. The development cycle is very agile, relies on customer input, and is responsive to critical issues. Many commercial enterprises such as Microsoft, Apple, Oracle, etc. would die to have the development cycle these people sustain. It’s awesome.

As in any social media environment, there will always be people who have no filters about what they post on-line. In my opinion, it’s a sickness. I seriously doubt they do this in their place of employment, if such exists. It’s hard to ignore under any circumstances. They do however need to be slapped down hard. It’s probably the only thing they understand.

The Dev team at Matrix accomplishes in months what our illustrious government does in years. That is something to consider…

remarkable compliment....
magi

Post by magi »

on the seventh day... i saw it.. and said "it is good..."
zclark

Post by zclark »

I've noticed A/C Tarmac Space (4 X Small Aircraft) objects are much more difficult to knockout using iron bombs with 1.11. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: zclark

I've noticed A/C Tarmac Space (4 X Small Aircraft) objects are much more difficult to knockout using iron bombs with 1.11. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks!

Hi, can you please open a new thread in Tech Support with a suitable save file and a more detailed description? Thanks!
BradOrbital

Post by BradOrbital »

emsoy, just giving you some feedback, those performance issues I mentioned in 804 have been fixed very nicely in 805, great work! Never had better performance before.
Dimitris

RE: Command v1.11 Release Candidate (CURRENT: RC5 - B806)

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.11 Release Candidate 5 - Build 806
======================================================================

Superseded by Build 807: fb.asp?m=4051995

CHANGES/ADDITIONS FROM v1.11 RC4 - B805
=====================================================================

Fixed/Added
-------------------
Fixed: Sea Lance nuclear warhead does not detonate
Fixed: Various doctrine weirdness
Fixed: Multiple unit selection fixes for Pier Ops Doctrine window
Fixed: Weird mine detection and evasive maneouvering

* UI addition: Lua script error generates a log message when run non-interactively

* New option on "Game Options" window: Extra Memory Protection (OFF by default). When enabled, this adds an extra layer of checking for out-of-memory errors. Disabling it confers a UI/map performance increase, most noticeable on real-time (1-1 sec) mode.
sergiopl

Post by sergiopl »

Are there any changes in ECM in RC5?

Back in v1.09, the Backfire radar couldn´t detect a carrier while been jammed by a Prowler until it was at 100 nm (approx.) from the ship. In v1.10 the Prowler "lost his powers" against the Backfire, but in v1.11 (at least in RC4, the one I test yesterday), the Backfire couldn´t detect a carrier till 80 nm... and now, in RC5, it appears the bomber´s radar is again impervious to ECM.

As always, thank you for your fantastic development work... if you blink a second, probably you miss and update [:D]

PS. Well... maybe I´m doing something wrong... when the Backfire approaches abeam to the Prowler the detection range it´s again about 85-90 nm. It wasn´t the other way before? Maybe I´ve got it wrong all the time
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

It also follows database version [8D]

If there is a problem, please post savegame and screenshots in the Troubleshooting section.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Dimitris

RE: Command v1.11 Release Candidate (CURRENT: RC6 - B807)

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.11 Release Candidate 6 - Build 807

Superseded by v1.11 RC7 - Build 808: fb.asp?m=4054029

CHANGES/ADDITIONS FROM v1.11 RC5 - B806

FIXED: [B806] a/c ignore patrol zone, just head north
ADDED: #10487: Sort weapons in mags alphabetically

* On Doctrine-WRA form, the weapons are now listed in natural-alphabetic order (e.g. AIM-9 goes before AIM-120)

* AI tweak: Targets that identified as waste of ammo (e.g. tarmac already heavily damaged [cannot be totally destroyed]) are deliberately avoided in targeting evaluations.
magi

Post by magi »

cool.... thank you...
Rockingham76

Post by Rockingham76 »

I'm having serious problems launching CMANO and I'd like to uninstall and then re-install. What's the best way of doing this?

(Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm not used to downloading titles)
Gizzmoe

Post by Gizzmoe »

ORIGINAL: Rockingham76

I'm having serious problems launching CMANO and I'd like to uninstall and then re-install. What's the best way of doing this?

What does "serious problem" mean? Have you installed one of the 1.11 release candidates and now it no longer starts? In that case simply download and install a later version (or earlier if RC6 B807 causes that). If you still have 1.09 or 1.10 install the latest 1.11 version (RC6 Build 807) and see if that fixes it. To actually uninstall Command go to Control Panel/Programs, if you bought it on Steam then right-click the game entry and select Delete Local Content. Good luck :)
Rockingham76

Post by Rockingham76 »

As in the majority of the UI not loading, not being able to load scenarios etc. This is with the latest build.
darkhelix

Post by darkhelix »

I have the problem in this build that if I want to affect any kind of change in the Throttle/Altitude control panel, I need to click on the screen away from the control panel to make it 'active'.
Good example is tutorial 2. If I select my sub and open the control panel I cannot see the blue markers.
If I click anywhere on the screen, they will suddenly appear and I can change depth or speed.
Would be great if I could fix this behaviour so that it works all the time.
Steam version using latest Build 807 patch, manually applied.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

My Steam version is 1.10 and is fine. My manually installed version is 1.11 build 807 from the above link. Since I installed the update 1.11, the database does not show anything on the right to choose from until I start clicking in the lists on the left. It requires some kind of changes in the lists to start displaying items to choose from.

The Steam version shows choices on the right side of the database as soon as I open it up. Oh boy...
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.11 Release Candidate 7 - Build 808

Superseded by RC8 - Build 809: fb.asp?m=4055007

CHANGES/ADDITIONS FROM v1.11 RC6 - B807

#10032 [Build 757.9] Mine Sweep Issues with Save Games
#09668 [Build 678.4] DeMining AI-Lot of Wiggling
#09299 [B670] Double click on sensor checkboxes desyncronizes them
#07524 Sensor Dialog- UI displaying checkbox for pods
#07275 Sensor window: radars may show up with active flag 'ticked' even when they're destroyed
#06923 Feature Request: Player would like a select all button for arcs when adding sensors and weapons
#01852 Destroyed sensor's "Active" checkbox isn't cleared
#10491 Ship Groups assigned to ship strike missions won't attack
#10489 AGM-114N warhead not working
#10490 Target Waste of Ammo Problem
Fixed: ECM lists includes landed aircraft
Fixed: Underwater nuke explosion
Fixed: Backfire vs Carrier weird case
FIXED: AOU of filtered-out contact showing up
Fixed: GBUs should not make a sound when being dropped
Fixed: Hostile sides sometimes go neutral and then back

* Added more detailed mechanics for thermobaric/FAE warheads.

Upon impact, this type of warhead creates an instant "killing cloud" (size is dependent on warhead weight) which detonates uniformly and creates a strong overpressure wave. The maximum damage applied is less than that on the epicenter of a conventional HE detonation, but contrary to HE (where the effective blast damage falls sharply with distance) the explosive force is applied almost the same at any point in the cloud; naturally, this makes FAE an excellent area-effect weapon against non-hardened targets. In addition, any target within the cloud suffers severe fire damage.

Targets outside the detonation cloud but near it can also receive blast damage, depending on their distance from the cloud border.

Contrary to HE and because of the way they operate, FAE warheads are highly sensitive to rain (intense storm severely degrades them) and high altitude (because they use atmospheric oxygen as the explosion oxidant, they are severely less effective at high altitudes where the air is thinner). This makes them less versatile than conventional HE warheads.
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

Hi D

The link to RC7 B808 links to the RC6 B807 file.

S

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”