Any Explanation?

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Panzer Capta

Any Explanation?

Post by Panzer Capta »

Interestingly, I downloaded Tigers On The Hunt over this past weekend. For some reason, all of my scenario files in two (2) other games on my hard drive (both Squad Battles games) had all the scenario names (in the Squad Battle Games directories) changed to "Tigers On The Hunt Document". Both games are unaffected, but i would really like to know how this may have happened...just for curiosity. Anyone with an idea?

Thanks,
Dave
kylania

RE: Any Explanation?

Post by kylania »

The save files have a .sav extension. You can only associate a file extension to a single program -- meaning if you double click on a *.sav file, a specific program will try to open it. So by double clicking on a TotH *.sav file then telling Windows to open it using TotH that changed the default program for it. The other files will open fine in their own games since you're not double clicking in Windows to open them.

On my PC for example Half Life 2 is my "sav" opening program since I never open those files directly, always just from a Load Game option within whatever program made it. So all my TotH saves have a little HL2 icon. :)

It should be mentioned that by default Windows hides file extensions, so you probably don't even see what I'm talking about. :) In Windows 7 it's under Organize -> File & Folders Options -> View -> Uncheck 'Hide extension for known file types'. In Windows 10 it's under the View menu then check File name extensions.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”