Has the cost of Boxed Versions Increased?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

AKAGI7137

Has the cost of Boxed Versions Increased?

Post by AKAGI7137 »

Maybe I am imagining things but I have just taken advantage of the Easter Sale and bought the Campaign Series Middle East & Command Northern Inferno. As a collector I bought the boxed versions.

I thought buying a boxed version used to be + £5.00 not £8.00 and yet I can't see any reference to an increase. Which with two games at 2 x £8.00 (-30%)+ postage put my bill up more than I expected.

Forgive me that does actually seem quite a bit for a DVD box, a burnt DVD-R and a label as after all these two games don't come with printed manuals. If you were guaranteed a printed manual every time I would actaully pay a little bit more than £8.00 - a perfect bound book as Matrix produces can't be cheap to produce - but just for a disc is I feel quite a lot.

Couldn't there be a two tier additional cost for a boxed version. Or even better the guarantee you would always get a printed manual.

Don't flame me - thanks for the Easter discount - but as I say I was taken by surprise.
MrsWargamer

RE: Has the cost of Boxed Versions Increased?

Post by MrsWargamer »

I think it has been a +10 dollars option for a long time actually.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

I think it has been a +10 dollars option for a long time actually.

Yeah, but order it over sea seem to get bumped even more I think. The cost of shipping isn't cheap either.
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

Just a guess, but the stronger dollar means exchange rate isn't what it used to be.

Jim
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

Just a guess, but the stronger dollar means exchange rate isn't what it used to be.

Jim
Correct. The price is always set in USD and the box editions cost +$10 or +$15. We aren't charging more.

Return to “General Discussion”