Resupply Ship Question - Again

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Hermundure

Resupply Ship Question - Again

Post by Hermundure »

Hi all,

yesterday I used a resupply ship the first time.
I set it up on a gas planet, it started to suck the gas, converted it to fuel and my fleet used it as a refueling point.
So far so good, I only faced a big problem:

My fleet uses Caslon 100%
The gas planet delivers roughly 50% Caslon, 50% Helium.

Now my fleet takes the Caslon out of the resupply ship and each time the maximum possible Caslon amount drops in the Resupply Ship because it gets more and more filled with Helium.

How can I get rid of this Helium or forbid the harvesting of it? :-/
Bingeling

RE: Resupply Ship Question - Again

Post by Bingeling »

Resupply ships do not mine helium, unless you run a mod that has helium as a fuel type.

If you do, there could be a bug with resupply ships and custom fuel types.
Apart from that, in a normal setting where hydrogen and caslon are the only fuels, the resupply ship should try to keep at 50% of each and get rid of excesses that prevents this from happening.
Guardian54

Post by Guardian54 »

You keep this from happening by only mining pure hydrogen gas giants/clouds with resupply ships (use Fusion tech as soon as you can get it), and using them as mobile fortresses more than supply ships.

Surely you've noticed hte ridiculously huge amount of weapons and shields you can cram onto them? As long as it has over 15 cruise speed it's fast enough to get the job done...
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

It is possible to play this game without aiming to break it on purpose :)

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”