Forge of Freedom AI

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

LaStarza61

Forge of Freedom AI

Post by LaStarza61 »

I'm looking for opinions on this game's artificial intelligence. Been thinking about purchasing this game for a long time and now might finally pull the trigger with this current 30% off sale. Any thoughts on this game would be greatly appreciated... especially regarding the capabilities of the AI strategically and tactically.

Thank you!
Nimrod 9th

RE: Forge of Freedom AI

Post by Nimrod 9th »

I can only comment about the Southern AI. Southern AI is predictable in many ways but not all ways. Here is what I've found concerning the AI:
- Turtles Richmond
- very aggressive in the west, no concept of defense in depth (giving up Kty to save forces for TN etc)(but you never know how/when it going to move north in the west but it will and often)
- tactical battles maneuvers for a north to south attack
- does not handle production well
- Southern replace level cheats ... after huge battles and huge losses Southern forces back to full strength is a turn or two. Play balance?
- no naval builds
- usually sends forces to defend New Orleans if attached, sometimes if TX is invaded, rare if South Carolina is invaded

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”