[WAD] 1.11B805 - DB442 - Sub peri. preset depth not working

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

zaytsev

[WAD] 1.11B805 - DB442 - Sub peri. preset depth not working

Post by zaytsev »

I'll post some save if needed.

Sub periscope preset depth not working, she reverts to shallow -131ft ,
if set manually/custom depth -66ft , then it sticks.

Thanks
thewood1

RE: 1.11B805 - DB442 - Sub peri. preset depth not working

Post by thewood1 »

Wow, you really out did yourself with information. No save, no sub type, no version number, no db number. I'm sure the devs will jump right on that. Might want to go back to watching TV.
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Wow, you really out did yourself with information. No save, no sub type, no version number, no db number. I'm sure the devs will jump right on that. Might want to go back to watching TV.
He put the version number, build number and DB number in the title- but yea no save or sub type but all he needs is the save. So yes zaytsev just remember to always post saves with any issues or you'll get thewood1 mocking you. Also yea the devs wont look at it, quite rightly...but ignore thewood1's derogatory comments.
mercho

Post by mercho »

exactly cns180784. He seems to be a person that likes mocking around in the forums because in real life, eye to eye i think he is totally different ;-)I thought the last few months while he was absent he made some kind of anger managment, but... nope...
Eine von einem Löwen geführte Armee von Rehen ist gefährlicher als eine von einem Reh geführte Armee von Löwen.

An army of deers led by a lion is more dangerous than an army of lions led by a deer. (Plutarch AD 46 – AD 120)
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

ORIGINAL: mercho

exactly cns180784. He seems to be a person that likes mocking around in the forums because in real life, eye to eye i think he is totally different ;-)I thought the last few months while he was absent he made some kind of anger managment, but... nope...
Ah right i see now, glad you agree with me. This seems to be all he does is mock people.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thewood is right, please don't post error reports without a savegame.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
mercho

Post by mercho »

well yes, he is right, but it's his way of writing that. Every time personally offending people. But it seems he has the developers blessing...
Eine von einem Löwen geführte Armee von Rehen ist gefährlicher als eine von einem Reh geführte Armee von Löwen.

An army of deers led by a lion is more dangerous than an army of lions led by a deer. (Plutarch AD 46 – AD 120)
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Thewood is right, please don't post error reports without a savegame.

Yep. The Wood is actually helping all out. We need the files and accurate reports to be effective.

Mike
mercho

Post by mercho »

please mike, show me the threads where he actually is helpfull... I know it is right to send saves and be as exact as possible when bringing up possible bugs. But he is in no way helpfull and always starts mocking. Thats all i want to say.

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

I agree his post style is blunt and sometimes rude but he cuts right through the bs to get to what we need to get stuff done. If you really look he generally just sends the repeat offenders to the ropes.

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

And would like to point out while he went silent the guys he regularly bangs on did not. We felt the wasted time and effort. Look at how many time we had to dig or have a stupid back and worth only to post WAD. That lost time does impact the rest of you as much as us believe it or not.

My suggestion is if you don't like how he helps. Beat him to the punch with your nicer approach. This would help

Mike
zaytsev

Post by zaytsev »

Hey, no problem , I've said in the first line that I'll post save if needed. My guess was this is affected globally so any mission would do.
But, nvm. So, here you go.

I'm doing all this 'cause I enjoy CMANO, and would like to see it fully functional, maybe as much as you.
In addition to my work CMANO is one of the rare things that keeps me in front of 2 monitors , hmmm.. except maybe 'telly' .. hehe

Cheers

Shortcut #3.

Attachments
Autosave35.zip
(573.54 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Yeah thewood has saved us a lot of time and energy by keeping things real. Thanks man [8D]

cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

I totally agree should always provide a save, dont even ask if its needed just include it in the post, and if the devs dont mind how thewood1 mocks people then i guess they dont mind anyone mocking people. So hows about this- that thewood1 with all his intelligence mocked this guy for not providing the version or DB number even though he did as its clearly in the title- so thewood1 i suggest you buy a decent pair of reading glasses and cut down on the J______ off, or you may very well go blind lol.

Great guy though well done for keeping it real.
mercho

Post by mercho »

Well said. Better then i could ever with my limited english.

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

The reason the submarine goes to Shallow depth when you have ordered it to periscope is because the 'Dive when threat is detected' doctrine setting is overriding it. Self-preservation over user orders.

Set the doctrine to No to cancel self-perservation and it goes to periscope depth [8D]

The same happens when you order a depth manually. So the depth settings override each other in the following order:

Depth setting
Doctrine
Depth preset

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Again, I'll point out, some people who are literally posting a dozen times a day on bugs, have scattered them all over the forum, and they refuse to do something as simple as put a save up or even what type of unit is having the problem. And then they make their posts so cryptic that it takes a few read throughs to get it.

I'll point out there are maybe half a dozen guys here who get into some kind of cycle of posting about things they think are broken. In some cases they find things. But the majority are knuckleheads not reading manuals, FAQs, etc.

Look at how much time the devs have wasted over the last couple of months. Between Z-man, cns-guy, and JP-I don't read the manual, I'm surprised they get any coding done.

I'll give my usual rant...PLAY the DAMNED GAME. Stop looking for stuff. I have found maybe a half dozen certifiable bugs in my 100's of hours of play starting in Oct. 2013. Before I jump on the forum or PM a dev, I search the manual, FAQs, warfaresims, addendums, and check baloogan's site, at a minimum. I have some self-control. I don't knee-jerk react and spew a post that ends up being discounted for someone not paying attention.

You'll note, I don't typically say anything until someone starts posting 6-10 times over a couple days about this bug, or that bug, or can devs do this, or can the devs do that. At that point I see the profile...

1) Someone wants attention or wants to feel important
2) They don't post saves until badgered about it
3) Descriptions are vague
4) Every release, their first response is either a bug or a "why can't we have this feature too".
5) They act butt-hurt on the slightest pushback
6) They claim to know more than the devs because they played Harpoon or [Insert favorite flight sim here].

Any four combined of the above is someone the forum is better off without. If they could just calm their impulsive itches, they would be valuable contributors. They do find bugs now and then. But the constant posting and the way they post destroys their credibility. PLAY THE GAME. Don't worry about the next release, the ToT planner, that now and then you might have tell a plane to manually refuel. If you are posting about a bug within 10 minutes of finding it...you haven't done the work to see if its a bug. That is knee-jerk bug hunting.

If you think I am talking about you, then you are playing the game wrong or playing the wrong game. You are not playing to enjoy one of the best modern naval simulations ever. You are playing it to find broken things. You take it as a challenge. It makes you feel good and important. I can't stop you from doing it, but I'll speak up.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: cns180784

I totally agree should always provide a save, dont even ask if its needed just include it in the post, and if the devs dont mind how thewood1 mocks people then i guess they dont mind anyone mocking people. So hows about this- that thewood1 with all his intelligence mocked this guy for not providing the version or DB number even though he did as its clearly in the title- so thewood1 i suggest you buy a decent pair of reading glasses and cut down on the J______ off, or you may very well go blind lol.

Great guy though well done for keeping it real.

Don't care. I look at his response and yours and feel confident nobody else does either. Keep spinning those wheels though.

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: mercho

Well said. Better then i could ever with my limited english.

That might be why you're not seeing things as the rest of us do. Don't you think?

Mike
zaytsev

Post by zaytsev »

ORIGINAL: emsoy
The reason the submarine goes to Shallow depth when you have ordered it to periscope is because the 'Dive when threat is detected' doctrine setting is overriding it. Self-preservation over user orders.
Set the doctrine to No to cancel self-perservation and it goes to periscope depth [8D]
The same happens when you order a depth manually. So the depth settings override each other in the following order:
Depth setting
Doctrine
Depth preset

Awww, crap, those new doctrine features...[8|] Haven't got used to all new things you've added quite right.
It is not that I'm on a witch hunt, just reporting things that are suspicious.
Well I sincerely hope that someone who utilizes forum search will have benefit out of this.
But let's try to keep it out of pissing contest, right?

Guys, please accept my apology, I'll try to be more careful.

Sorry, and Thanks

Return to “Tech Support”