HELP

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

siddious

HELP

Post by siddious »

THIS IS NOT A JOKE
How do you move units, and how do you make units fire.

In as much detail as possible please

I just need to check to make sure i am not missing something before i reinstall or contact tech support,thanks
kylania

RE: HELP

Post by kylania »

When in doubt, Ctrl-Click everything individually, sadly.

First you need to be in the right segment. So to fire you'll need to be be the active side in the Fire Segment. (Click the big red button at the top to advance a segment.) To move you need to be the active side in the Movement Segment. In both cases you'll Ctrl-Click on each and every unit you want to move or fire then to fire you'll see red highlights around hexes you can fire at. Right click on a highlighted hex to Fire. To move Right Click on each hex you want to move into. They'll be highlighted in white. When they are highlighted in red you can only move 1 more hex.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Also, if you fire during 'fire phase' you can't move during 'movement phase'. So choose wisely as to the need to fire or close with the enemy.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
barkhorn45

Post by barkhorn45 »

I know this has been said ad noseum for practically every game,rtfm.
siddious

Post by siddious »

Thanks for trying to help guys but there is something not right here ( and that something might just be me )i have watched the vids ten times over but its like there talking about a differant game, when i click on a unit i see know dots and the units will not budge.

I am thinking its the setup that i am just not understanding ( i should say that this is a big step up for me,have not bought a game that is classed as expert / advanced before )i am also thinking i should stick to less complex games but this just looked so good.

IDK i feel like giving it up as a bad investment but the massive interest showen right from the start, plus the gameplay vids got me reching for my wallet.

I know this game is based on a boardgame dose this board game have a solo side to it coz maybe getting that would help understand the mechanics ?

What do you think ?

Thanks.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Are you right mouse clicking on the hex you want to move to?
JRR
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Don't give up siddious, we'll help you. Have you checked out our Tutorial videos? If not I suggest you start with the Infantry Movement video. I'm explaining how to move and fire with Infantry units in that video. Also you always select by left clicking on the hex and then on the unit in the bottom left Unit Control Panel. If you want to select several you need to hold ctrl key presses down while left clicking. You right click on target hex when firing and on a adjacent hex when moving.

I suggest you watch the Tutorial 1 video and then start up Training Scenario 1 and play as American against German Computer first. In that case you start with mostly firing.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
eric0303

Post by eric0303 »

Don't give up on the game. It's just getting started and by the looks and input by forum members LOTS more to come in the future. This is a keeper that is going to stay on my PC for years.
idjester

Post by idjester »

The most important thing is what phase are you in? You can onnly move or fire in certain phases of the game. IT shows in the top right corner what phase your in..
siddious

Post by siddious »

Sorry guys but ive taken all the good advice watched all vids etc but i just cannot make any inroads to even make units move never mind fire etc

I have for Hrs slumped over my keyboard trying just about every permutation i can think of just to make units move with no "luck".

Its realy getting to me now, coz i know i am not that stupid and cant realy blame the dyslexia ethier

For the sake of my health ( coz this is driving me insane ) i am gonna give up for now at least, so thank you all for the good advice.

I still want to have a go at game classed as "advanced"-"Expert" so could i ask you to maybe recommend one ( needs to have warfare as the central theme ) Thanks...
shaddock

Post by shaddock »

Have someone else try the game. That way you'll know for certain if the problem is you, or a bug in the game, or even a problem with your computer. Also, if you can, try the game on a different computer.

May the Force be with you...[:D]
save the carrots; eat a vegan!
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: siddious

Sorry guys but ive taken all the good advice watched all vids etc but i just cannot make any inroads to even make units move never mind fire etc

I have for Hrs slumped over my keyboard trying just about every permutation i can think of just to make units move with no "luck".

Its realy getting to me now, coz i know i am not that stupid and cant realy blame the dyslexia ethier

For the sake of my health ( coz this is driving me insane ) i am gonna give up for now at least, so thank you all for the good advice.

I still want to have a go at game classed as "advanced"-"Expert" so could i ask you to maybe recommend one ( needs to have warfare as the central theme ) Thanks...

Any chance you can post a screen shot of where you are when you are trying to move. I think there are folks here that will be glad to go through this a step at a time. It's possible you have a computer issue that is keeping it from working.

Rick

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”