Testing thread for Public Beta 1.03 M3 : Last Update 4th april

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Vic

RE: Testing thread for Public Beta 1.03b : Balance Adjustments

Post by Vic »

Hi,

In fact its me that changed the size of those OFF + DEF modifier boxes in the last BETA version.

I'll see if I can get the fonts clearer. I like the smaller box since it obficates the troopType artwork less.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

As someone whose eyesight isn't great, have to say that I much prefer information clearly presented even at the expense of some graphical niceties. Not my call of course, but I'd be very much in favor of the old red/blue modifiers that were clearly readable. This seems like a case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" [:)]
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

ORIGINAL: Vic

Hi,

In fact its me that changed the size of those OFF + DEF modifier boxes in the last BETA version.

I'll see if I can get the fonts clearer. I like the smaller box since it obficates the troopType artwork less.

Best wishes,
Vic

AHA, Busted!
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

ORIGINAL: sandman2575

As someone whose eyesight isn't great, have to say that I much prefer information clearly presented even at the expense of some graphical niceties. Not my call of course, but I'd be very much in favor of the old red/blue modifiers that were clearly readable. This seems like a case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" [:)]

Yep,+1
Former AJE team member
Vic

Post by Vic »

v1.03 M has been uploaded!

See the first post of this thread for changelist and download link.

Major changes are the addition of The War Diary and an improvement of the Map Graphics.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

Puplic Bata 1. 03 M

Just a reminder, or for information, the Wehrmacht used for numbering their units often also Roman numerals I, II, III, IV, V, VI ...
For example: III. Panzergruppe = 3th Panzer Group.

Otherwise, I find in the Puplic Bata 1. 03 M extensive corrections of the German texts.
I will intensively deal next weekend with the game and look forward.

Thank you.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

1.03M installed and working. Hugo is alive and well.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
wadortch

Post by wadortch »

103.m installed and running without problems on a Windows 10 machine.
Walt
Gunnulf

Post by Gunnulf »

ORIGINAL: Templer

Puplic Bata 1. 03 M

Just a reminder, or for information, the Wehrmacht used for numbering their units often also Roman numerals I, II, III, IV, V, VI ...
For example: III. Panzergruppe = 3th Panzer Group.

Otherwise, I find in the Puplic Bata 1. 03 M extensive corrections of the German texts.
I will intensively deal next weekend with the game and look forward.

Thank you.

Actually thats correct to use roman numerals for Armeekorps, but for Armies the numbering was 4 Armee for example. While at this stage the panzergroups were not technically full armies they followed the numbering format. It helped clarify on map markings at a glance which were armies and which were corps.
"Stay low, move fast"
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: wadortch

103.m installed and running without problems on a Windows 10 machine.

+1 [8D]
JRR
ChuckBerger

Post by ChuckBerger »

Hmmm. I like the "War Diary" concept, but so far the diary entries seem to have nothing at all to do with what the division is actually experiencing in the game. For instance, 30 June entry is something about "panic" and his platoon having to abandon its positions and run helter-skelter to the rear. But in game, the relevant division had just finished leading the encirclement of Bialystok and spearheading the successful final attack on the city. Certainly no panic, the division didn't even take any casualties in the final assault.

Also, I can't find where to access the diary, aside from the pop-up at the beginning of the turn. And it would be nice to be able to designate the division you want to track, rather than having it randomly assigned.

---

Also, I like your new swamps better than your old swamps!

ChuckBerger

Post by ChuckBerger »

Yeah, diary definitely not working. Poor deluded Hans is reporting to his parents that Stalin has surrendered and he'll be coming home next week. It's the 4th of June and I'm only just over the Dniepr, far far from any of the main objectives, much less Stalin's capitulation!
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Chuck,

Clean start or a save game?

The Stalin has surrendered is a rumour (one of a number) that is circulating around the platoon. We are talking a private's perspective of the war here, not that of a Field Marshal. WAD.

In the attack on Bialystok is it possible that one of the other units involved panicked?

Cheers,
Cameron
ChuckBerger

Post by ChuckBerger »

Clean start. Definitely no panics in the stack, or anywhere along the entire front. This was turn 2...

sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

ORIGINAL: Vic

v1.03 M has been uploaded!

See the first post of this thread for changelist and download link.

Major changes are the addition of The War Diary and an improvement of the Map Graphics.

Best wishes,
Vic

My aging eyes thank you for reverting to the bigger Red/Blue offensive/defensive modifiers. Much easier to read. [:)]

lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Chuck,

Found a small bug that was causing unnecessary panic in the ranks.

Thanks for highlighting it.

Cheers,
Cameron
Vic

Post by Vic »

Updated version 103M to version 103M2 which has an updated scenario file fixing the issue with the panic story.

Best wishes,
Vic
studwick

Post by studwick »

1.03M played until around September (made it to around Smolensk). No issues what so ever. Windows 10
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for reporting back!

@all: do please keep us posted even if all is working well with v1.03m. This is going to be an important patch for 'mainstream' users who are still at the official version of 1.02g.

Best wishes,
Vic
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

Has anyone found a use for Siege Arty in a normal game, or better, with the restriction of converted track only?

Free setup is clunky to use. How about just drag and drop?

Just asking...
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”