[MINOR UI ISSUE / WAD / USER: UPDT MISSIONS] a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

JPFisher55

[MINOR UI ISSUE / WAD / USER: UPDT MISSIONS] a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone

Post by JPFisher55 »

I'm using RC3, 1.11, B804. My a/c on air patrol is attacking outside of its prosecution zone. It is the F-16 "79...backup."
I waited for it to turn around once it left its prosecution zone, but it does not do so.
Saved game attached.
Attachments
AntEatersRevenge.zip
(428.54 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
thewood1

RE: a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone

Post by thewood1 »

Don't see it. One flight of 2 got in a fight with a Mig23 shortly after start. It was outside patrol zone but in prosecution zone. One got killed and the other RTB Winchester. One F-16 is landed at Thule. Another RTB Bingo. What am I missing that you see?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok if I drop and re add the aircraft it correctly goes back behind the prosecution barrier which means its working.

Do you have an earlier save where it actually crossed the line? We have to be able to see that it was actually not in the engaged offensive state before the prosecution zone part was turned on. If not I don't think our team should invest much time in it as its WAD.

Thanks!

Mike
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Lol yeah there is a slight UI distortion for the 1000 x 1000 nm patrol zone far to the north [8D] Ran it through the debugger and the F-16s evaluate correctly but the border of the prosecution zone is taking a slightly northernly route. If you halve the zone size it works fine.

This is an UI issue with a 3rd party library, apparently. Not much I can do. In any case, drawing stuff on a spherial map is complex, and simplifications are made to maximize speed.

Having such a terribly large prosecution zone has other issues that are far more serious though. Always use as small mission areas as possible, ref: the v1.11 performance post on WarfareSims [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Ok, I understand. What looks like the border of my prosecution zone is not exactly the border since it is a flat representation on a spherical 3d map.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Eh we'll see. The issue is if that's true why did unassigning and reassigning not have the same issue?

My guess is that you set the restrictions after the plane went to engaged offensive.

Anyways we'll run this down. Don't lose any sleep over this[:)]

Mike
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Mike, FWIW, it's the northern zone called "Thuleaawgen" and F-16 numbered "79 backup." When I moved the prosecution zone back from Iceland just a bit, the plane returned to its proper zone. That is why, I'm guessing that the zone is/was slightly larger than it appears. I set the patrol and prosecution zones at the beginning of the scenario.

I have not seen this issue for any other patrols, so it is very minor.

Return to “Tech Support”