Reached the Event card limit...but I still have a space

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
jack54

Reached the Event card limit...but I still have a space

Post by jack54 »

Hi Everybody,

I had a full event card inventory and received the end turn message 'spend a card or forfeit the next card'.

I used an 'upgrade' cavalry to free a spot on page 2 but still cannot continue without forfeiting the new card.

Edit: next turn I could add 2 cards and started a 3rd page. Are some cards not considered 'Event' cards?

Thanks!
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
mercenarius

RE: Reached the Event card limit...but I still have a space

Post by mercenarius »

The limit is 15 cards plus the Declare War and Consolidate Empire cards, which are always replenished.

However, you always get your bonus cards after winning a battle or after defeating a major nation, even if that puts your count above 15. Had you won a battle that turn and were awarded a card?

At a minimum the "error" message needs to be improved so that you'll know that you will have to play 2 cards before restoring your eligibility.

Now, when you said that you drew 2 cards the next turn, I assume that at least one was a bonus card?
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
jack54

RE: Reached the Event card limit...but I still have a space

Post by jack54 »

Yes...it was definitely a bonus card. (It would be nice to be able to delete cards I'd rather not play but it's not a big issue.)
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”