Austria Dismembered card costs...

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
jack54

Austria Dismembered card costs...

Post by jack54 »

Hi everybody,

FYI the 'Austria Dismembered' card seems to give GB 2 political points and drops Austria 2 on the diplomatic track.

It's not listed on the card. Thought I'd mention it since giving GB PP scares the daylights out of me.

Attachments
AustriaDi..redcard.jpg
AustriaDi..redcard.jpg (81.61 KiB) Viewed 168 times
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
devoncop

RE: Austria Dismembered card costs...

Post by devoncop »

I have just played that card to take Bohemia and have then given Bohemia to Spain as a "Bribe major Nation card to get Spain onto my side !
"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

I love giving Bohemia to Spain! Bourbon Bohemia. Just the sort of alternate history kind of stuff that makes games like this interesting and thought provoking. I guess that if Austria could own Belgium and Spain Holland as occurred historically, why not?

GMoney
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

So, shouldn't this change in PP be mentioned on the card? Is it mentioned on all other cards that change PP?

Just curious if this is a thing to worry about when playing cards, and not knowing how they will affect PP.
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

Editing the card's text to include a warning does seem reasonable. Another idea might be to add a "Right Click for Details" notice like the Napoleon's Genius card has. There are a couple of other cards which can't tell the player everything because there isn't room for more text, and adding that notice might be an across-the-board way to solve this.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

I think that we just missed adding the cost. This was the last card added to the game (only a couple of weeks ago).
GMoney

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”