The dice hate the Allies!

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

alexvand

The dice hate the Allies!

Post by alexvand »

I've been tracking the dice luck this game that I'm playing.

TEN times the allies have been on the bad end of a 1-10 search split in major fleet battles. They've only been on the good side ONCE.

The Allies have had some good search rolls in minor combats with one sub and some cruisers, but that's it.

The situation is so bad that it is mid 1943 and the USA has only 3 carriers on the map. The only good news is that the AA fire has shot down so many japanese CVPs that the 7 Japanese fleet carriers are sailing around mostly empty while new pilots are training. (There were even 5 extra Japanese pilots waiting and they got shot down too!)

Combined with the extra large German Kreigsmarine from a Sea Lion that was prepared for and never launched, the Allies do not have naval superiority! The Italian navy is currently battling it out in repeated surface battles next to India with the Royal Navy. It's touch and go who will win.
rkr1958

RE: The dice hate the Allies!

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: alex_van_d

I've been tracking the dice luck this game that I'm playing.

TEN times the allies have been on the bad end of a 1-10 search split in major fleet battles. They've only been on the good side ONCE.

The Allies have had some good search rolls in minor combats with one sub and some cruisers, but that's it.

The situation is so bad that it is mid 1943 and the USA has only 3 carriers on the map. The only good news is that the AA fire has shot down so many japanese CVPs that the 7 Japanese fleet carriers are sailing around mostly empty while new pilots are training. (There were even 5 extra Japanese pilots waiting and they got shot down too!)

Combined with the extra large German Kreigsmarine from a Sea Lion that was prepared for and never launched, the Allies do not have naval superiority! The Italian navy is currently battling it out in repeated surface battles next to India with the Royal Navy. It's touch and go who will win.
Sounds exciting ... ever though of capturing this in an AAR?
Ronnie
juntoalmar

Post by juntoalmar »

Wow, that's amazing. I'm usually having extremely bad luck with the Axis. Getting four 1's in a row in the most important combats.

If we play against each other, it would be the Marx Brothers go to Global War.
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
alexvand

Post by alexvand »

One other indication of the situation. The US build limits on ships is currently fifteen ships per build phase. And they can't keep the damage pool empty and the construction pool is piling up too. The CW is at 7 or 8 too and they can't get their repair pool or construction pool empty.
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Hah! In the board game, in an Eurowif, I found the Italian fleet in the Med (as a CW player) almost every impulse for like two years (twelfth turns), and except for 1 or 2 times, I didn't find them. It stalled the northern African offensive.

Same happened home in my last game home. I was about to crush Greece as GE/IT, I only needed to unsupply them for one or two impulses. 2 years not finding, except I found when I had had so bad luck with the ground strikes that they could not be wiped out, and I didn't all the rest of the impulses. It fucked the game.

Return to “World in Flames”