Command v1.11 Release Candidate (CURRENT: RC22 - B823)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

VFA41_Lion

RE: Command v1.11 Release Candidate (CURRENT: RC1 - B802)

Post by VFA41_Lion »

An absolutely stunning improvement to speed and smoothness, especially on older machines. This will go very far in making it more accessible to a wide range of people, once they get over whining about the price [;)][:D]
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Great work on this update, the game now runs much smoother and much more stable. I still had to reload a really big scenario (kingdom come) every couple of gameplay hours because it was slowing down, but this known issue is now much less prevalent than before. So the game is not running perfect yet, but you are getting there…
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Erm... can you send me that scen?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

I'll post a copy of this scenario when I get home this evening, but it's also available in de scenario pack (you just need to update the database).

This scenario is discussed here:

tm.asp?m=3884946&mpage=1&key=&#3884946
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Here is the scenario in question. After playing for a few real time hours there still is a problem with the game slowing down.

W.
Attachments
KingdomCome2018.zip
(726.31 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Hmmmmm I'm trying to reproduce this but not having much luck.

I've let the scenario run for several hrs and there isn't any slowdown. I've also run the profiler and it looks all good.

Can you send me your Command.ini file, and let me know what settings you're using. I.e. map settings, fidelity, etc.

Can you also activate the diagnostics bar? Next time you notice a slowdown, can you check if there is a navigator request in the queue?

How much CPU and RAM is used at the time of the slowdown?

Can you also send me a savegame a few minutes before the slowdown occured?

Thanks!

wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

I'll look into it this or tomorrow evening.

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks! Any chance you could also make a video? It is very helpful to see how people actually play the game when trying to chase down issues like the one you have reported. Found one issue last weekend simply by watching Kushan's video stream.

wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Good idea, I'll whip out my phone the next time there is an issue.

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Been digging deep into the code for possible stuck events or other weird issues but everything seems to behave well, even after 12+ hrs of gameplay. So I have a couple more questions:

Do you play with sound?

Do you play with permanently windows open, like the Speed/Alt window, Weapon Allocation window, Mission window, or Doctrine window?

Are you editing events or creating lua scripts while playing?

Anything else that might be worth noting?

MichaelJCuozzo

Post by MichaelJCuozzo »

Not a bad update. Lots of useful new goodies, but I'm worried that the developers are turning the game into a micromanager's paradise. A lot of the new choices are not things that senior commanders have to worry about. They're more for squadron COs or ship captains. It's beginning to become obvious that a lot of the developers are tech guys. Hope you have a few decent warfighters in there as well.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.11 Release Candidate 2 - Build 803
======================================================================

Superseded by v1.11RC3/B804: fb.asp?m=4047861

CHANGES/ADDITIONS FROM v1.11 RC1 - B802
=====================================================================

Fixed:
#10460 Bombs not dropping to the ground (1.11 RC1 B802)
#10459 [B802] AIP not switching on
#10455 [Build 802] Attack speed set to full but attacking at afterburner
#10453 [Build 801] Automatic at sea replenishment broken

* Added: Rename ships in Boat Ops window
* Added: Hotkeys to open add/remove aircraft/boats
* UI Tweak: On the "Edit Event" window, the dropdown lists for Triggers, Conditions and Actions are sorted alphabetically
iborg

Post by iborg »

ORIGINAL: Mikewritesfic

Not a bad update. Lots of useful new goodies, but I'm worried that the developers are turning the game into a micromanager's paradise. A lot of the new choices are not things that senior commanders have to worry about. They're more for squadron COs or ship captains. It's beginning to become obvious that a lot of the developers are tech guys. Hope you have a few decent warfighters in there as well.

Actually, it is important for scenario designers. The more options, the more intricate and complex the AI behavior can be set.

On RC 2 : hotkey for adding planes/boats yay ! [&o]
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Mikewritesfic

Mike we have lots of active and retired military folks involved. Paul is active RN (has been since the Falklands), D was in the Greek Army, Rag has worked for major defense contractors and I'm the only pure civilian. We are also working with military folks on pro and non pro stuff. I think we're all tech guys including the pro's were working with. Not sure what's wrong with that but its great when our customers are able to leverage our technical skills to get what they need. The smart one's seem to be doing so.

As far as you we know you're a pilot or analyst of some sort however you've never come forward with you're real identity and many of your posts under various names don't actually follow DoD guidelines on how officers should be posting online. I know you think you're doing it anonymously but you're not. This being said in the end we don't really don't care what you say or do. It doesn't cost us a thing, you're just annoying but if you're serious about improving the game its probably the worst approach ever.

Anyways if you have concerns feel to email or post to let us know exactly what they are. I'm not sure what we can do about our civilian jobs etc but I feel we can tackle most hurdles with the game. It would be great if you'd let us know who you actually are as well as we would likely take you a little more seriously. No other pro seems to have to be anonymous so not sure what your deal is and getting to the point of really not caring.

Thanks!

Mike

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Command v1.11 Release Candidate 2 - Build 803
======================================================================

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B205vp ... sp=sharing

Unzip to your existing CMANO installation folder; anser "Yes" to any overwrite prompts.

CHANGES/ADDITIONS FROM v1.11 RC1 - B802
=====================================================================

Fixed:
#10460 Bombs not dropping to the ground (1.11 RC1 B802)
#10459 [B802] AIP not switching on
#10455 [Build 802] Attack speed set to full but attacking at afterburner
#10453 [Build 801] Automatic at sea replenishment broken

* Added: Rename ships in Boat Ops window
* Added: Hotkeys to open add/remove aircraft/boats
* UI Tweak: On the "Edit Event" window, the dropdown lists for Triggers, Conditions and Actions are sorted alphabetically

Facebook
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

MikMyk, you might of warned us about this new feature of release candidate 2... [:@]
Some Russian Delta 2 submarines fired nukes, and then this came up.... [:'(][;)][:)]

Attachments
joke.jpg
joke.jpg (30.5 KiB) Viewed 426 times
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

LOL[:)]

Mike
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk
LOL[:)]
Mike

Not so funny for me though...

[:D][:'(]
Attachments
joke.jpg
joke.jpg (38.25 KiB) Viewed 427 times
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

[:D]

One of these days we do got to look at end game screens too[:)]
BrianinMinnie

Post by BrianinMinnie »

MikMyk

A follow-up to what Mikewritesfic wrote.

I’m a civie with past aspirations of military greatness, that being said, I greatly enjoy the ability to micro if I want to or let the generals\admirals do the deciding. I think this game is sort of about figuring out how to make the Tech and Tactics work best at making war. I don’t worry much about geo-political aspect or real lives being lost, it’s a game right? I’m appreciative and willing to let the real sailors, airmen and soldiers do the "warfighting" while I’m having a blast with a great Sim.

Keep up the great work gang!

Thanks
Brian

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”